Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to make the tach on my Vapor to pick up the tach signal of my Daytona but am having some problems.

First off since my old Koso rx 2 blew up it fried the tach signal pin from my ECM so I can't get a signal there, so I'm leeching off directly from the #1 cyl stick coil signal wire. This does give me signal but it's rather noisy. I've tried some different value resistors in the tach line and they do clean up the signal some but it's still a bit erratic and slow to response, value of the resistor seems to be of little significance. My main problem however is that no matter what I do the gauge only rises up to 7000rpm and stops there. The only things there are to adjust in the settings menu is the pulses per revolution 0,5/1/2 and there also is a possibility to set a certain RPM value at which the signal PPR would change. To my knowledge the 955i Daytona doesn't change PPR at any given RPM count since the rev counter on the old Koso went all the way to 11k.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fuckit nevermind for some reason there was a PPR change set for 7000 which is where it stopped took it off and it redlines fine. The RPM count doesn't hold true 100% but at least the bar graph is working.

For the record, taking the signal straight from the coil, 69,8ohm resistor seems to give the most crisp and responsive reading.

Reactions: ROBBO and mcantar

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, knowing that the bike has a rev limiter at 11k and having the scale wind up all the way to over 12.

If the pulse scale is wrong you can immediately tell cause the gauge will either say that it idles at something like 5000 or doesn't go up even if you gun it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts