Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an 03 SV650S with a 05 GSXR 750 front end and clip ons. I want to install renthal bars...what triple tree top should I look for that will have the mounts for bars that will be a direct swap? Or will I need a whole NEW triple tree?

thanks

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
Before you drill the top trip, turn it over and check out the design underneath. Ideally you want to drill in one of the recesses to allow the nuts for the bar mounts to have a larger surface to bit on, and you don't want the nut sticking that far down since clearance starts to become an issue. When I drilled out my GSXR top clamp for the SV I cut some aluminum plate to fit in the recesses for added strength. Not sure if there are pictures in my build thread or not in my sig.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before you drill the top trip, turn it over and check out the design underneath. Ideally you want to drill in one of the recesses to allow the nuts for the bar mounts to have a larger surface to bit on, and you don't want the nut sticking that far down since clearance starts to become an issue. When I drilled out my GSXR top clamp for the SV I cut some aluminum plate to fit in the recesses for added strength. Not sure if there are pictures in my build thread or not in my sig.
Thanks I'll be sure to check

What about the triple tree from a GSR750?
No idea, will it fit gsxr 750 forks?

I have spare bolts, any idea what length you need?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Again no idea, can anyone help answer what size bolts I will need to replace the ones that come with the clamp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts