Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay. im sick of drilling thru my stock cast tripple. i want something a little less ghetto. I came across this site in a dirtbike magazine but dont really know if it would work on my bike. nice looking product tho.

http://www.factoryrandd.com/

anybody else know of people who make these?? i know that FullThrottleInc.net sells some good shit. and LSL makes em, but you know...i dont want what everyone else has.

:cfrocks:

·
53 Posts
i tried looking everywhere all ive come up with is spend 300-500 bucks on lsl or the like. i went with drilling my triple and it looks decent

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah. thats where im at so far too.

·
?????????????
5,471 Posts
jschapansky said:
i tried looking everywhere all ive come up with is spend 300-500 bucks on lsl or the like. i went with drilling my triple and it looks decent
In all my years of bodging fighters together i have never seen or heard of anyone drilling triple clamps, surely thats gonna weaken them, got any pics :confused:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Dude spend the money.. Im tellin you, its well worth it. I said screw it and got the LSL kit right from Bill at Fullthrottleinc. It was $421 but it came with the upper tripple w/risers (comes with an extra 45 degree plate that brings them forward and up, its on mine in the picture) Speigler steel braided lines, crush washers, and the LSL handle bars. I didnt use the bars it came with, it was too much of a bend for me so I bought some new Tag metals MX bars with a CR high bend. Its all well worth the $$ in my eyes..

Heres a couple pix of the tripple and the set up I got

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Man those are sweet !!

I know i can't afford that so I'll have to zip tie my bars to tha clip ons and see how that works :Stupid:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Gixerman said:
surely thats gonna weaken them, got any pics
that's what I've always thought of it. Manufacturers do a pretty good job of using as little as possible to make a bike. It saves them money, and it makes the bike lighter, thus performing better. Ever noticed how triples are usually pretty damn heavy... and big... and made of strong ass metal....

I'm pretty sure their is a reason for all of that! I am all about customizing and modifying stuff, but handlebars are pretty important, not something you want to have a problem with at 100mph.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
spyder said:
Dude spend the money.. Im tellin you, its well worth it. I said screw it and got the LSL kit right from Bill at Fullthrottleinc.....
+1
..... Its all well worth the $$ in my eyes.....
+1
....Heres a couple pix of the tripple and the set up I got....
looks good man, very clean!

:D

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
yeah dude when it comes to your steering, get what you need, dont half ass it. Dont get me wrong, drill'n your upper clamp will work.. I know people that have done it and havent had any major problems, but its somethin Ive never messed with. Give Bill a call and see what he can do for a price on just the kit. The price very's from model to model, mine being one of the most expensive. So dont let that throw you :evilred:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
ok, this is what I am planning on doing. I am goint to drop the tubes throught the tripple trees about half an inch. take a piece of aluminum and cut it to the same shape as the tripple tree. then I'm gonna bore 2 holes in it, one for each of the fork tubes, then split it at the side and put bolts through to tighten them down on the fork tubes. from there I can attach the handlebar (probably fabricate those too) risers to that and not have any problem with weakening the tripple trees. I may even integrate the gauges to this whole thing.

like this, except it will sit on top of the top yoke instead of replacing it.
http://www.streetfighterstore.com/acatalog/Yamaha.html

·
Portland Oregon
185 Posts
Hi guys first time here, I was going to machine a new one, but for 200 bucks USD holly crap!! that is cheap.

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
i have literally thousands of dollars, readily availible to spend on bike parts....I went to this dudes site, sent him a info request...never email me back.

i'd like to buy his stuff, but i think just out of my own ethic for doing business...i won't buy from him.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If your that worried about it, you should be able to pick up a piece of billet aluminum and take it to a machine shop. It should run a lot less then the lsl.

·
Registered
84 Posts
PhatRR said:
i have literally thousands of dollars, readily availible to spend on bike parts....I went to this dudes site, sent him a info request...never email me back.

i'd like to buy his stuff, but i think just out of my own ethic for doing business...i won't buy from him.
Send me some of your money...I'll spend it wisely :metal:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ab420 said:
Ever noticed how triples are usually pretty damn heavy... and big... and made of strong ass metal....
not true.

my tripple is light...and made of cast aluminum or white metal. neither of which is very strong.
:LolLolLolLol:

thats why i dont like drilling them, because it definately does make them weaker. not that they are just going to snap out of the tripple but if you go down, i bet it will. maybe if you drop your bike in the driveway even.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PhatRR said:

so you should just post threads about each part and the dif. manufacturers. then we can all help you decide. then you can go order!

:cfrocks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spaz said:
Hi guys first time here, I was going to machine a new one, but for 200 bucks USD holly crap!! that is cheap.

200? i missed something. who's got $200 tripples?? their usually at least 300+.

do you often make your own parts for your bike?? thats cool shit!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
huyner said:
I have a friend with a cnc machime, but he's sooo busy with his day job...it takes me months to get something done.
isnt that how it always goes?!

you should get him to teach you the fine arts, so you can do it yourself!
:metal:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts