the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
naked 675's

SUPPOSEDLY this is the '08 speed 4.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Huh? They don't look anything like a monster. Have you been hanging out with this guy lately? :rasta:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I'm not sayin they look like ducs, but you know how all the ducs have that same look for 10 years, same thing is happening with the triumphs. Alot of the naked triumphs are all looking like eachother. I'm saying they need a change.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Oh.....Yeah I would agree with you that each model needs an update. The styling of each particular model is getting a little stale. But I wouldn't kick them out of my garage. :D

·
407 Posts
speed4? what motor are they using? I dont think they produce anything with a 4 banger anymore, failed experiment on their part.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vcook said:
speed4? what motor are they using? I dont think they produce anything with a 4 banger anymore, failed experiment on their part.

that's why i said SUPPOSEDLY.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
I'm seein' 3 pipes on that "4". The new ones need to have less wonky headlights. Take the lights off the daytona 675 and fit them on a small fairing and screen for the naked version, it'd look much better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
speed 4 just doesnt sound as sexy as speed triple in my ears. Speed 4 sounds like some drugged up super heroes.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they need to just label it 675N. N for naked.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
what I've been hearing is that the new speed four is the smaller equivilent to the speed tripple. it has (supposedly) the 675 derived motor.

·
GURU
445 Posts
This is the speed four.

I heard the new one is supposed to be the street speed or some crap like that. It's basically a naked 675 and thats definitely a 3 cyl.

·
407 Posts
the above picture is a speed triple. the speed4 was a way for triumph to dump some old daytona600 parts, I doubt they'll make one again since they killed off that line.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Ya I've heard rumors of a new S4 but raptors and rockets is not really known for its validity. I think we're more likely to see just a naked version of the daytona, without the S4 label or S3 style.

Who knows though, the S3 is still my favorite stock bike out there.

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
fslflint said:
what I've been hearing is that the new speed four is the smaller equivilent to the speed tripple. it has (supposedly) the 675 derived motor.
Yeah, there's been rumors around the shop that we're going to be seeing Naked 675's (inline 3) starting next year. Boss wants me to ditch the Honda (bad to show up on it) in favour of a Triumph or Kawi next year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts