Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Young Blood
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Triumph T595 955cc 3cyl

So I got it to cough on just starting fluid. I know the problem is somewhere in the sensors to trigger the pump, but that is not my main concern.

My main concern is when it's cranking over, it is producing a burning smell, something like coolant. My first thought was head gasket. So I drained the oil but it has no sign of metal flake or coolant leaking into crankcase. Oil was brand new as I just changed it! But there was a bit of gas. Why does it smell like coolant?!?!?!?

My other concern is that when I'm turning it over and it doesn't catch, I let off the starter and I hear a hissing noise. Could this be a compression leak?!?!? It's not consistent, just sometimes. I am just completely puzzled. No metal or coolant in oil. But it smelled like gas.

Could it be a fuel leak in the cylinder heads!?!?!? I know that fuel doesn't compress could it be that!?!?!? It sat for 5 years. Could it be bad gas in the cylinders?

I paid $400 for it and plan on selling after I got it running. Is it worth it?

Attachments

·
Aspiring Hooligan
255 Posts
Hissing could be crankcase pressure. Have you done a compression test or cylinder leakage test? Have you checked for shorts in the kill switch wiring? maye trying unplugging the switch and see if that does anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts