Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Triumph sprint
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 triumph sprint rs. When I bought it the guy delivered it to my house and dropped it. He shattered the front right and the nose fairing. So I'm going to just strip it down rather then replace the fairing because the cheapest price I can find both parts for is $900, and it looks kinda cool with out them. My question is I like the headlight and front turn signal assembly of the bonneville will they bolt right on with out any modification? And is there anything else I will need or need to know to strip it down and not have anything just hanging down or looking nasty?

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,166 Posts
I have a 2000 triumph sprint rs. When I bought it the guy delivered it to my house and dropped it. He shattered the front right and the nose fairing. So I'm going to just strip it down rather then replace the fairing because the cheapest price I can find both parts for is $900, and it looks kinda cool with out them. My question is I like the headlight and front turn signal assembly of the bonneville will they bolt right on with out any modification? And is there anything else I will need or need to know to strip it down and not have anything just hanging down or looking nasty?
I sure hope you received a major discount as that is pretty bad.

·
Triumph sprint
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope I already paid the guy and he said oh well sorry. And had a whole bunch of other problems later. Like he put a brand new lawn mower battery in it so it would run for a day and next day nothing. And he says that's the battery I've always put in it.

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Bonnie headlights are definitely cool, but I don't know if they'll be a bolt-on thing. It'd probably be cheaper to get a 7in universal headlight, a couple universal brackets, and bolt that on. If you're dead set on the genuine Triumph headlight, there should only be 2 or 3 places where you might run into trouble. The first is the height of the clamps where they go around the forks, i.e the distance between top and bottom triple. The Bonnies use a pair of rubber grommets to get that rubber-mounting, and they sit between the clamp and the triple. If they don't fit, you'll have to either cut down or extend the mounting clamp tubes. The second is the ID of the clamp tubes. Same deal with these, if the fork diameter is different, you'll need to adjust. At least with a smaller fork OD you can sleeve it out, but if the fork OD is larger you'll have to use different clamps. Last one isn't such a biggie but it's worth thinking about. The distance between the two fork legs might be different, and that might affect mounting.

For my money, I'd sooner get some universal clamps and headlight, and genuine indicators if you want.

·
Triumph sprint
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I figured it out the 2002=> speed triple bracket bolts right on and that takes care of my headlight and speedometer issue. thankyou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts