Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive only seen one vrod with a sssa, so i thought id do it also. A few quesrions tho. How do i support the mono shock? . Im getting the swinger and shock assembly for $100, is that a good deal? And yes i will take a ton of picks and do a write up. Thanx muchachos.

·
☢
5,596 Posts
you'll have to relocate the battery because you'll have to fab an upper shock mount right where the battery and whatever else is in that area under the seat, and lower linkage mounts.

not sure how wide of a tire you'll get with the trumpet. what year and model swingarm?

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
There is a Triumph SSSA for sale here on CF that is complete, minus the rim for sale...you can probably get it for $275...you'll come out cheaper than buying the hub, sprocket, caliper, etc...

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
That's quite the project with all things considered. Its going to be fun converting the SSSA to run a belt or you can get a kit to change over to chain drive then adapted to the SSSA.

Also my biggest question, was this other VROD swapped with a stock SSSA from another bike? Or was this a custim built/fit setup specifically for the VROD? If it's a custom built and not a stocker, then you may be in for a wild ride as you could potentially be the first to do one with a duc/triumph/vfr stocker.

Also quick google search pulled up a shit ton of places that make custom jobs specifically for the VROD. All starting around the $3K-4K mark. But none with a stock duc/triumph/vfr.

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing under my seat is the gas tank, which is made up of some type of moldable plastic. Im already running a chain so i dont have to worry about the belt any more either. The wheel base is concering tho. My bike is the R so it has a frame spcific to the 06-07 R. I like how long the bike looks and if the triumph is shorter by to much ill just forget about it. I'll measure tonight. Thanx for the feedback.

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andler.. yeah i didnt search google for that til after i posted. But the are a lot of vrods with sssa's. They all looked custom tho.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Andler.. yeah i didnt search google for that til after i posted. But the are a lot of vrods with sssa's. They all looked custom tho.
Yeah. EXPENSIVE custom. MORETHANICARETOSINKINTOASWINGARM expensive. But if be very interested in seeing what you come up with. Should be very interesting.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting to say the least. Itll be a fun event. I just hope my gas tank doesnt interfere to much. But if the wheelbase is to short i wont do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts