Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 236 Posts

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
To answer some of your questions.

As of right now the lights are not individually movable vertically, but they will be. I wanted to see how they would look with a solid bracket so i knocked these out. You can notice the top light is aimed 2 degrees higher, my high beam.

I will cut these brackets apart, or make another set where the lights will be individually focusable.

Flint, the writing on the black outer ring will probably be smoothed out and painted Silver, im not sure yet.

Tim L, thanks for the suggestion but ill be going for an exposed mechanical look on this bike, probably no fiberglass to smooth it out, after all its what a fighter is all about, being exposed.

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I got the wild hare to build a custom 1 off projector light today.

Ill use the reflector from a twin turbo BMW. I stripped it of all the fancy turning and moving shit that was broken and bent.

my other projectors are made of some hi temp plastic. Im afraid they would melt from the high temp put off by the HID bulbs. Thats why this light will be entirely aluminum and glass.

start with some 2.5 inch aluminum tubing. Start hammering it symmetrically to increase the diameter to about 2.75 inch on one side, and 3 inch on the other side.

this tapered piece was used to keep one side true and round for the lens. The other side has to be shaped to line up with the reflector housing.

Its finally getting big enough, damn my arm got sore. You can see how rough the hammer marks are.

Hey this might just work!

The shaping is now close for the reflector side

layout

fine tuning the fit up of the 2 pieces

now a little bit of clean up work. I took out 95% of the hammer marks and cleaned up the inside a bit.

sanding the lens side on something very flat, the lens mates up nicely.

Time to make it all bolt together.

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
started on the mounts for the holder

setting up for welding

damn i wish i had a smaller tip on the torch, but i guess it works

just playing around. I guess it could kinda maybe look alright. I might have just waisted a few hours of my life.

all the shit i took off the reflector

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I worked on it for the first time today. So far so good.

i stripped it down and took the heads off. the heads themselves look great, no scarring of the cam journals what soever.

The front cylinder liner has some surface rust, but nothing a good hone cant take care of.

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
worked on it a little tonight. Why dont all motor manufacturers make the bottoms of their motors flat? It kelps out so much. This is my first motor that i can do this with.

got to love big bore twins

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
reminds me of something, hmm but what?

mmm crusty water pump

damn whats that remind me of????

oh ya, reminds me of my knee. BINGO!!! thats it

Anyone know what purpose this plate serves? Looks like it just blocks oil from reaching the case, ANYONE, ANYONE AT ALL?

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Brand new camera is giving me problems, WTF, it wont charge.

INTAKE

EXHAUST

Wouldnt you know it, i have 8 thousand sockets and none of them fit the spark plug, once i get it out ill finish buffing the chamber.

21 - 40 of 236 Posts