Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dad built the sliders back in 2003. Nothing was avalable at that point and he was doing track days on the bike. The frame is pretty vulnerable right there.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've never seen anything NEAR like those. Weird lookin'.

I can't wait to see the subframe.

I kinda want an 1125CR/1125R... maybe an XBR (because of price).... but hate the tails. Swapping to an S tail is expensive and ends up looking great... but like every other bike, so I'm really interested in what you pull off. Most Buell guys don't go very custom.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
this is good al round mate ,glad ya wernt gone fer good;)

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sub gonna be strong enough? Not busting balls actually curious cause it looks nice as hell and looking for ideas
This is just a mock up subframe to make sure I like it before I waste a lot of aluminum. The real subframe will be .500" thick aluminum where this mock up subframe is .250" steel. I'm confident it will be strong enough for me and a passenger. No fat girls though.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Love the look of the subframe, are you trying to make it weld free?

·
Just Here For The Party
696 Posts
Your LS650 build-off thread from a few years ago is one of the major reasons I joined CF. Glad to see you've got a build in for this year.

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love the look of the subframe, are you trying to make it weld free?
It will appear weld free from a side view, but there will be welds. The rear section will be boxed in to form a little bit of storage. Directly under the seat will have sheet welded in for support, and there will be a gusset welded in to the upper subframe mount for strength.

Your LS650 build-off thread from a few years ago is one of the major reasons I joined CF. Glad to see you've got a build in for this year.
IM glad to hear it. I figured since i cant leave anything alone i might as well enter the buildoff, even though im not doing anything extensive. Basically all im doing is a seat, headlight and exhaust.

·
I been fightin' gravity
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ever since I saw a turbo build on buellxb... this view... I can't but help thinking how much it needs an intercooler :p
Ya the hole and single throttle body really make it convo eminent for boost. I have the perfect sized turbo too. I've already drawn up a system. I know I'd turn the boost up too much and shit a rod. Maybe I'll find a wrecked buell and turbo it.

Those triples look great. What grade metal did you use?
It's just regular 6061 aluminum, nothing fancy.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts