Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Trumpet 675 - Thoughts?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Metabomber 
#1 ·
I'm not seeing a lot of Triumph love around these parts. I've got my eye on an '08 Street Triple. Any known issues, or are they not represented here because half the work was done at the factory?

I have some ideas to clean it up some more, but if you have any horror stories / good ideas, let me know.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I've got my ex500, which I'm fairly sure I'm going to keep stock and sane. It is squeaky clean, runs like a champ, and I can probably turn around and sell it for more than I bought it for if needed.

There is a '98 F3 a buddy of mine keeps waving under my nose that has been down on both sides. Runs like a champ, is "aesthetically challenged" with 27k miles on it, and I think would be a good project.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
My biggest concern with the F3 is cleaning up the front end, and gauges. I really want to keep the gauges (or at least find some really good digital unit that I can trust). I'm a nut about mileage-relevant maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.