Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to go ahead and start this thread, even though I haven't done a thing with it really. Bought a wrecked 09zx6r a while ago. Frame was destroyed beyond repair, but the motor ran good, forks straight, and most everything else was in good shape. Some parts like the gas tank and front rim saw a lot of rash from the slide. Rims have already been replaced and I'm on the hunt for a tank

I have been wanting to build my own frame for quite some time now and this bike turned out to be the perfect candidate. Bought a good, clean frame that I will be using to build my jig off of.

The frame is sitting at work, where I will build the jig, along with all the steel needed. Progress will be slow at first, but once I can get the jig home, that should change.

The current plan is a full tube frame and tail with minimal body work. The only sheet metal I plan to use, will be under the tail for mounting a battery and electronics. Wiring will be hidden inside the frame as much as possible. I'm after a certain raw mechanical look, so paint/powder will be minimal, TIG welds exposed, no body filler, and so on.

Still undecided on the rear end. Probably a tube swing arm of some sort. Working on a sketch at the moment. Once I have something I like I'll post it up

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
sweet, i want to build a steel trellis frame quite badly. ill definitely be watching this one

Reactions: DimestaK

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
I wanna see how this goes.....

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I'm 20min north of Charlotte. And I seriously doubt I'll be doing any of that. Getting a little old and round, to throw myself up like that
:LolLolLolLol:

damn i was hoping u were more east and north. either way this thing is gonna be epic and i cant wait to see.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when I saw your sketch I was thinking, damn it looks a lot like them custom stunt frames, but that swingarm ya got planned is a beauty man

hurry up and bring it to fruition
The main frame does look a lot like a stunt frame. I would like it to look a bit different, but no matter how I drew it up, it still looked the same

Badass. What kind of tubing you going to use?
I have 2 sticks of tubing sitting on my shop floor that were bought for a different project. 1 1/4" and 1 1/8"- .120” wall DOM. I'll use the 1 1/4" for the main rails and the 1 1/8” for the trellis and support tubes.

If Uncle Sam doesn't take all my tax return, then I might pony up for some chromoly or stainless

Frame for the jig made from 2x2x.120

1 - 20 of 256 Posts