Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

521 - 525 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #521
Landed a nice little shed upgrade/force multiplier for $70 dropped off in my driveway.

In balance, father in law's Explorer lost reverse so now I'm taking another couple days away from this project to drop the transfer case and try to replace the reverse band lever.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
is that a heater ?
Yeah, it's an old Sears coal burner.

Related note, I cannot believe how much stovepipe costs now, around ten bucks a section for single wall. I think in my state you have to keep single-wall 18" away from anything 'combustible' so I'm gonna have to buy a piece of double-walled pipe (Like fucking $60 for a meter, ish) to go through the wall. Gonna spend two or three times the cost of the stove on pipe and wall thimbles and stuff. But my ass will be toasty in the shed at 0300 this winter laying up fiberglass instead of staring at the ceiling when I can't sleep :D

Been wasting the recent warm spell working on my father in law's truck, nothing doing on bike projects.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Yeah I'm assuming most of the cost I'm seeing is the shipping... single wall shit comes flat-packed (flat-ish anyway) but of course the double/triple wall stuff can't. I assume there's a lot of cost in it being certified in various ways too. Lawsuit proof pants cost lol.

Still beating on the exploder, have to change the transmission.

521 - 525 of 525 Posts