Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Twisted front-end or ??

Tags
forks gsxr
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TeckniX 
#1 ·
In my stupid search for bikes, I've been looking at repo/insurance type bikes.
Found a gsxr not too far from me and was wondering if this looked like some bent forks:

Not a big deal, as the rest of the bike seems ok, but just want to know how much I should offer.

See less See more
#4 ·
usually its just the triples that are tweaked, which is very easy totell, and pretty easy to fix. loosed then forks in the triples, they may go back. if they dont, take them out, with the bike supported, and shove a pipe into each triple, tighten it up, and torque it slightly until you get everything straight. reinstall forks, save shitloads of money.

just make sure you check your trips for stress cracks and fractures. sometimes trips are fine, sometimes they are shot. up to you. or buy a new set of trips first instead of an entire front end. I have trips that are so twisted they snapped, you wouldnt believe how fucked they are, yet the forks are perfectly straight and the neck is fine.

also, its usually just the bottom triple. that looks to me like the bottom trip is slightly tweaked.

dont forget to check the ENTIRE lip of the front rim on both sides. its easy to miss the lip being ground down. when they go down on the side and tweak the front end, the front rim has lip rash about half the time in my experience. easy to cover up and balance out too. some people be shady mon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.