Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems finding an exhaust for a 2006 Suzuki GS500 that's shorter than normal (I'm not sure the correct term for it.) Two Brothers has a nice one that I saw in a youtube video, but I can't seem to find anything. Any other brands make a nice exhaust for this bike? Preferably shorter than the stock one.

·
Super Moderator
3,052 Posts
Just find any aftermarket exhaust that fits your bike and then shorten/chop it. Hint: look for an exhaust that's riveted together and not welded.

Later, Doug

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,383 Posts
The one you saw on youtube was probably cut down. Like Doug said, most aftermarket cans can be shortened by drilling out the rivets, removing the perforated tube and stuffing, cutting the outer sleeve to desired length, then cutting the inner perforated tube the same amount you cut the outer sleeve, and reassembling. Very straight forward. I have even found rashed exhausts on ebay for cheap and just cut the rashed outer off, rotate the rashed endcap 180 degrees and it looks minty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I found the exhaust I was looking for...

Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. M-2 Black Series Slip-On for YZF-R6 06-10

Talked to a guy over on the GSTwins.com site and he said he put an 08 R6 shorty exhaust on his bike and it fits fine. How much should I trust this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.