Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
in reality, do they actually make "bad" tyres any more ? they just make different tyres for different jobs ....... car tyres, yeah, plenty cheap shit about that'll have you in a ditch first time it rains
anything that comes on a new bike is usually worse than an aftermarket unit of the same tire.. i assume thats the case with most oem stuff.. brembo's.. ohlins etc.

·
11,385 Posts
anything that comes on a new bike is usually worse than an aftermarket unit of the same tire.. i assume thats the case with most oem stuff.. brembo's.. ohlins etc.
new bike..... i have seen such things.... chances of me ever owning one.... not a lot

i was super impressed with my GSXR because it was 21st century ..... then i chopped it up

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
new bike..... i have seen such things.... chances of me ever owning one.... not a lot

i was super impressed with my GSXR because it was 21st century ..... then i chopped it up
ive also only seen them.. never had one... but i mentioned it as if hes shopping for rando like new take offs... they could very well be oem take offs.. which is not ideal, even at a discount.

going with the sticky option at your local shop that has a manufacturer discount going is probably the best advice if you're not in the stance of buying w/e you feel like at the time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Have to say that Michelin PP and latterly 2CT's have been my 'go to' for years, twice in the past I swapped over to Touring type Bridgestones for higher mileage / commuting, but found the wet weather grip to be absolutely non existent - it felt like the centre compound went so hard when wet that it had almost zero friction, and both front and back would tramline simultaneously. Not nice. No problem in the dry but until the Busa came along with a brand new BT016 on the back I've stuck with 2CTs that warm up fast and seem stay warm and good natured wet or dry. Not tried the Diablo, if the Bridgestones on the Busa frighten the crap out of me I'll be swapping back again....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts