Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Hardtail for the lady, eh? Any reason she wanted the HT? Just like the style, or low over-stand, or?

Is the swinger just to hold the wheel while building the hardtail rails, or will it be part of the structure?

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hardtail for the lady, eh? Any reason she wanted the HT? Just like the style, or low over-stand, or?

Is the swinger just to hold the wheel while building the hardtail rails, or will it be part of the structure?
she's barely 5 feet tall. Can't fit on most bikes without feeling uncomfortable. The swingarm is to located the axle and help keep everything strait.

I may or may not use eccentric axle adjusters. Depending on how much time i have to work on it.

this /\ guy did very similar to what i'm doing. IMO it's the right way to hard tail.

This \/never looks right to me, Just too busy and "hackish" ...IMO...
(leaving the original perimeter around the back of the engine and sprocket cover)

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool. How much do those cbr250 wheels weigh? I'm using cbr f2 wheels and they're pretty heavy. Those are a similar style to the f2s. Looks great BTW
these are much thinner than f2 wheels.I was going to use them for my supermoto, but decided to lace up some spokes instead. I bet they don't weigh much.

I'll get em on a scale sometime soon

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

i liked the vrod on my kz. I made a simple mount to keep the "older" look but not to overshadow it's twist on a plain round headlight. Though it may not look right, we will see.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts