Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
It's the camera and lighting, they are pretty similar in color really, it's just that the wheel are a solid opaque color and the forks' paint kinda looks like anodizing so it's transulcent, so it's just a totally different style, but they should look good together on the bike.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Painted the calipers. I didn't have any caliper paint, but I did have header paint which is rated for 3-5+ times as hot, so I figure it should be fine. Caliper paint is usually like 400* and header paint is 1500*-2000*.

That was a little too plain, so I pinstriped the Nissin logo orange. I did white first so it would be brighter with a brighter base under it.

And finished painting the forks too.

I'm thinking these bad boys should look great against the black bike. Same pop as gold or blue forks, but they match!

Started knocking down the old steering stops, and bullshit weld that was on the front. Ran out of sandpaper roll-loks so it was just hand filling and some grinder where I could fit it in.

Still working on that....

And also finally gusseted the stabilizer fork bracket. I still have to do the same to the kneck mount. I just wanted to move it around a whole fuck load of times to make sure the position would work, and there's been no binding/ clearance issues.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Im so happy you made that gusset for the stabilizer. I was kinda wanting to say something, but didn't want to be that guy.

Looking sharp buddy. Nice detail work on those calipers!
Thanks!

For future reference, ALWAYS voice something of concern, it may be that I didn't get to it yet like the gusset, but it also may be that I over looked it so please, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·

Made some steering stops and a gusset for the damper mount. Finally. Last things on the front end to do are mount tire/balance and redo seals and oil on forks. Then I can assemble and actually flip the bike around the right way to work on the ass end stuff.

Small clearancing but no biggie.

So I pulled the lower tripple, damper fork bracket and oil cooler mounts for paint. Yeah, you all know what fucking spray painting shit looks like by now. Same deal as before. I'll just post some pics when their black.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
For future reference, ALWAYS voice something of concern, it may be that I didn't get to it yet like the gusset, but it also may be that I over looked it so please, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I figured you had plans, so i was just chilling. Now, if you mentioned something about "frame is done and ready for paint"...well, I might have brought it up then. lol.

I like your attitude man. And same here. If you see me doing something dodgy speak up. Cos I'm totally just winging it over here.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
I figured you had plans, so i was just chilling. Now, if you mentioned something about "frame is done and ready for paint"...well, I might have brought it up then. lol.

I like your attitude man. And same here. If you see me doing something dodgy speak up. Cos I'm totally just winging it over here.
Well you could see how I could over look something with the way are carefully plan out every detail and have the workflow planned out down to the minute.

Frames not even getting painted, just a quickie blend for the bare shit. I want to take it down to bare and fill some holes and that shit, but not this go round. I'm gonna actually fucking ride this summer, so that's a next winter kinda project.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Got a little bit of shit done today.

Took the old shitty header wrap off and put some new stuff on. I also modified and then welded on my O2 bung. I came up with a pretty good way to flatten out a spot to weld it on too. Just as simple as drill a hole and use a bolt and some washers.

And my oil pan still has a leak from when I knocked the bike over. I cleaned it off really well and then put it together. Added oil and waited to see where it was coming from. Just one small leak, Even without running it, right behind the kick stand. So then all the oil came back out, and I found the reason. Pan is cracked. Just a hairline guy, but my guess is that when the pan get's tightened up it opens up just enough to let the oil weep out.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
So I cleaned up the area around the crack and went to see my friend with a spool gun. Not pretty, but it was free.

And so I hope the oil pan doesn't have to come off again. I remounted the header, can, oil lines, cooler and mounts.

And for anyone who wants to run an o2 sensor, and you need a 1 wire sensor, use this part number in the pic. It's for something stupid common like a Plymouth Voyager or something. Was like 15 bucks and it's one wire.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Got the wires for the dash and gauge extended tonight. I had to make them longer otherwise the connections would all be right in front of the neck, which is no good. lol
I just used a piece of cat-5e for the gauge, and some random scraps of trailer wire for the idiot lights.

I also got to fucking with tail stuff. Thoughts?

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
I started another project, so now it's time to work on this bike again. Actually, I'm broke, and Garlic Sauce gave me some new harley fork oil, and I had the seals already, so I decided to rebuild my forks.

So I built one of those POS PVC compressors and it scratched the fuck out of my pretend anodizing, so I ended up having to take it totally off, and I'll have to redo it. So "I said fuck it, I'll just make a REAL compressor."

I gathered up what ever looked usefull around the garage, and got to work.

The base (black thing) is part of a hitch bike rack. I also got a pin with some holes in it, and a hitch pin. Welded a ring to the hitch pin, and bent the other part and added a ring so they are easy to pull out.

You can also see the most important part. It's just a race from some big bearing. I got two bolts, threaded nuts on to them and joined them with another nut so they are straight across from one another.

This part is about 2" I chopped off the bike thing. I sliced it to shrink it down to fit tightly against the piece it will slide up and down. The thing attached to it is a few large nuts that
the big bolt to move it will pass through, and bind against

This is the big main bolt. It's just a carriage bolt with a flange nut welded to the top. I ground down the square part of the bolt shaft, so it wouldn't catch inside the nuts. You could easily just use a regular bolt and a washer, but this is what I had.

Test fit, Gives you an idea of how it works.

Left to right, slider piece with some flat stock bracing, main bolt, and main shaft with a spacer plate and nut welded to it. This is the nut that the bolt pulls against to compress.

Holes for the main shaft to move up and down for different length forks. This is what that first pin does. Joins the base and main shaft. Holes are in both sides so the pin can go through.

And here's the completed thing.

Here you can see it in action. It works great, can be easily put in a vise, and use with one person. You can also see the safety bolts I added at the top of the main tube. This allows it to come apart if need be, but if the bolt, nut or weld should ever break, the thing can't fly up and off with the force of the spring. I am going to add a spring to each side with these bolts to act as a return spring to keep the main hoop UP untill you bring it down with the bolt. That's my only complaint with it, I guess it turned out just fine.

Also, I can weld much better than this, lol. I just threw this thing together.

Hopefully this also gives anyone who wants to build one a decent idea of one way that works.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
So, I know you're building another bike but what's up with this one?
And don't put a tail on it, please, it had a unique look.

Reactions: gsx-mutattack28

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
So, I know you're building another bike but what's up with this one?
And don't put a tail on it, please, it had a unique look.
What going is really this:

I want to do stuff on uglier betty kinda "better" than coffee pot. A lot of the stuff on coffee pot is kinda trial (like the adjustable subframe links, and also making fiberglass molds and shit) to work the kinks out to be used on UB. This bike also needs more money to be completed than coffee pot does. I am still not sure where exactly I want to go with it, where as coffee pot I had a good idea in my head. Some times shit just needs to sit and merinade in my brain for a while, which is kinda what I'm currently doing.

I am still collecting little parts here and there as well. Just got an anodized orange throttle tube and housing for her.

The biggest reason that I am working hard on coffee pot and not this is also that coffee pot can be ridable faster with out as much compromise. I really wanna fuckin ride! every day I come in my shop and look at my two bikes and Garlic Sauces, none of which can be ridden. I wanna make ONE fuckin' bike that rolls!:)

·
RUST REMOVER
1,092 Posts
I really wanna fuckin ride! every day I come in my shop and look at my two bikes and Garlic Sauces, none of which can be ridden. I wanna make ONE fuckin' bike that rolls!:)
If I get outta this par-tay early enough we should work on the cb buddy

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Hot damn, it's been a minute since I worked on this thing, but I look at it everyday. It's right next to my coffee pot, the literal one, not my other bike..lol

Really, I just need to get a fucking oil pan. I lost interest when the weld didn't fix the problem. Don't know if I ever mentioned that, so I really need to just get another one of fleabay and be done with it. I'm kinda sick of wasting oil too.

In other news, I am still up in the air when it comes to the tail, or lack there of. I am leaning toward a bob tail like she used to have, just rehashed. I really did like the look of a floating seat when I think about it.

301 - 320 of 327 Posts