Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks my names bill firstly if you hadnt of guessed already lol. got my first big bike quite a few months back a n reg suzuki gs500
which i had planned to play around with from the start.
ok i admit not really knowing what to do to her (giselle) was the problem so ive looked around the interweb to find some ideas. this is a nice gs500 bit crazy on the rear for me tho!

anyway unforseen circumstances have led to me not doing much since bought it apart from resolveing carb problem (bought a salvage pair) have put k&n that got given with bike on also just befor i got carbs i have given my mate my tank and fairing so i had to improvise
with the tank off my suzuki vanvan 125cc and held on with some wire rapped round lots. I also bought a hayabusa seat cowling. no seats just the plastics which is gonna be cut up and modded to fit nice with a nice new led rear light. its alot smaller than the standard hayabusa light so gonna be some fiberglassing there too me thinks. oh yer i do have paint already its lambo orange pearl and plan to stick some holographic metalflake in just to be safe. nothing is painted as of yet as we broke the DA sanding my tank as previous owners had never stripped befor painting

think we found about 7 layers of different coulored paint and its still all not finnished
anyhows rambling on and must get some sleep so ill finnish here for now as i will be upload pics of how it looked when first got it and so far now tomoz as its 3:30am here and cant be bothered to resize all my pics now so night night and ride safe

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Hey. Theres a few GS500's in here to check out. Welcome in.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Welcome to CF. You should fit right into this place.

Reactions: idlebilliam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right folks was looking at the gs500's on the forum here and have to say gave me alot of motivation and inspiration of what to do to my bike so today being nice i thought id strip the seat down so heres a few pics of todays progress.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so thats what my day consisted of also given my heel guards to friend to have suzuki gs500 etched on abit like the last picture!there are alot more pics i took but didnt want to spam too much.
I would just like to mention that i would not consider myself to have much motorbike mechanical knowledge and i am useing trusted haynes manuel i have for it. i do no the basics but thats as far as it goes but i do have a few good friends that know a little too so we work stuff out in end. also useings such forums such like this very one has helped my kknowledge and confidence to try things i wouldnt normally have tried to do. support from you guys and gals is amazing so big props to all.

as soon as my heel guards get bk ill post some piccies up. not really sure on whats next for her. i have been looking at motogadgets m-unit (http://www.motogadgetshop.com/product_info.php/info/p484_m-Unit.html) was wondering if anyone has one of these on there bike or know someone that has or even peoples general opion of the product.
also been looking threw ebay for headlights not sure what i really wanna go for but im pretty certain i dont wanna go for a single round or twin round and def no square ones lol. im after something that just pops out and says wow to me so any suggestions welcome.
right im getting off now go play some poker. lets hope i win then i could treat self to more new bits

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey all another day with a slight bit of progress :) :party-smiley: my seat hump for the busa cowling arrived today that i won on ebay 2 days ago and supposidly gonna take 13-14 days to deliver so i am most chuffed sized it up against the bike and looks crazy. altho forgot fone and didnt take pic with it on (will do tomoz). starting to think that im gonna have to start looking into a wider rear wheel as arse is huge on her lol. how easy are swingarm swaps and what swingarms fit relativly straight forward to suzuki gs500 '95

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome friend! I too just got my first bike about 2 months ago and it's a GS500. I just I got a Katana wheel and an 2009 R6 tail off of ebay which arraived yesterday. You seem to be way ahead of me though, atleast you know what you're doing... Im scared to take the plastic off of mine thinking I won't be able to put it back! lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the way im going about it is im takeing pictures of how everything comes off ie the way the wire runs to the connector and connector it/them self. also every bolt and nut is going bk where they came from just without the item they securing. if that makes sense and yet again more pictures. this may seem excessive to some! it does to me but at least this way if youve got a wire that doesnt have another end or such like. you will beable to refer to the pics!!!
im still doing this even tho im planning on rewire of my bike but at least i got pics still to refer too if need be.
and a good place for help is right here on a forum such as this!!!
hope this helps you out
you can only learn so much from reading the rest is hands on and doing it!!!!!!!

·
Yeahhhhhhh Budddyyy
109 Posts
Ive reently recived a GS500 to build up from my father =] I currently ride a C?BR 125 so thats taking up my money, but keep this thread updated, would love to see how u get along

1 - 17 of 17 Posts