Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. I cant stand the way my exhaust can looks next to my swinger anymore. how do I get it underneath the bike? the way my manifold comes back its two pipes to within like 12" of the tire, no room for a can on the end. or even if I could just stick it out the side under the swingarm. any suggestions?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Make an adapter (or buy one, or have one made, etc etc) that would angle a pipe sticking out the side a little to the right (so it doesn't bump into anything). Basically, about 2 or 3 inches of curved pipe. Then just buy a clamp-on muffler of the right inlet diameter and voila.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
You could also get a GP-style pipe. I have no idea who sells them but I've seen them on all sorts of bikes. They're not as loud as they look like they would be, and they're only a few inches long.

·
98 Posts
I'm changing mine up this winter, I'll sell you mine if you want. You have an f3 right? I dont have any recent pics, but heres an old one when i first made it. I added additional packing then welded in baffles that are made for open header cars. Its loud, probably about as loud as a d&d maybe a shortened d&d. Sounds MEAN though, and in a good way. Very similar to my duc with staintune exhaust, honestly.

Since the pics I sandblasted the entire header/exhaust to bare metal, then painted with VHT header paint. Then baked it, then wrapped it with header tape, then spayed that with the DEI silicone coating. So yeah, its really well done, not ghetto. Sounds mean as hell....

here is more recent picture shot with my old phone:

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks good cbr. I was already thinking about it then seeing your bike (my bike) with the exhaust down low clinched it for me. I already have a cut down D&D, so I know exactly how that sounds. does your sound like a dentist drill inside your brain? mine does.... if it doesnt, I may be interested (if I can hold out that long) let me know
-Cliff

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
boz bros. m4. erion. fmf. jardine. leo vince. all make under body exhausts, not necessarily for your bike...but they make them.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
post pictures of your header, are you running a belly pan? My exhaust fit perfect once it was chopped down. The angle of the header kicked it out at just enough of an angle

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, that sounds like 100 times better than my D&D, you shouldnt compare it to that. :LolLolLolLol: I'm afraid to go over 5k because it makes the back of my eyes hurt.... that thing sounds mean. I'll post up some pics of my setup when I get some time

·
746 Posts
I made mine by cutting down a yosh full system. It end up kinda like dudad's accept points up 45* and exits near the peg. I think im going to have to change it around some how though. It sticks out a 1/2 inch more than the peg does and Im almost certain im going to deck it in corners. I guess ill find out the hard way when my leg heals.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I like the way Dudad's is...was..whatever.....but I also want mine to be a dual purpose bike and be able to put on race fairings.....I am seriously doubting the lower would fit with that set up....hummmmm.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
any luck on this???

im going to be tackling this problem soon since jelly finally got his machine!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts