Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so i am in need of a part made once again. i have a unique way to attach the shifter lever without, adding a new hole in the frame, this is the idea

my microsoft paint, CAD!! lol real professional

now an actual photo so you can see up close as to what this sleeve will do. the shifter pivot bolt touching the swingarm pivot bolt

thanks guys.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
So basically just a tube with two different internal diameters, each threaded? And then some way to tighten it down? How about just making the whole outside hexagonal for that? Or holes drilled through, as is common for the unthreaded end on old moto axles?

What are the thread sizes? Material / strength requirements? Can you order items shipped to person making it (the larger thread is probably not a common size, and should be done with a bottoming tap, which again most folks won't have).

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea exactly. wasnt sure how to put in words. an yea i can ship the shifter to whoever takes the job. material on the other hand, not sure where to get or what to use, it would have to be steel or stainless.. i was thinking hexagonal sleeve. but thought that would cost more, an more time to make. but ill get the entire measurments in the morn

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Why couldn't you just find a nut that fits both and weld 'em together, and grind it to look pretty? That's prob what I'd do.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Not a bad idea. Difficult to be precise about getting the same center on both, but from what I see, that actually doesn't matter.

Might be a good 'proof of concept' test before having something machined, if nothing else, and help yah hash out any details you missed. If yah can't weld it, JB or similar epoxy would do.

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not a bad idea. I am not against that, but I would like to see this work. With a machined part, it will work. With the other idea if its not precise, it wont look right to me an I would go with a machined part anyway

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's what I thought ya meant. Idk if the hex stock would look good, now that I'm thinking of it. Thinking round stock . Would look better

·
Is my bike ok?
15,035 Posts
Ah, gotcha. I don't know if you could get enough torque on it, or if you even own a small enough spanner, but if you want to use round stock you could just drill one hole in it somewhere and use it to hook a spanner on for tightening. If you rotate the pivot bolt correctly you can end up with the hole hidden at the bottom. Just an idea...

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Leave it to Eric to make ur idea seem way over thought and in turn make u feel a little stupid.

remember my axle spacer idea? I can't remember exactly what it was but I remember thinking "damn I out did myself coming up with this" then after shinyribs hears of it, my thought went to "damn that was kinda dumb"

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea I just want it to look professional an not have fuck ups by me. I think it would look awesome. Considering the fact it will hide the damn swingarm pivot castle nut

1 - 20 of 20 Posts