Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was searching around on the web trying to figure out how I want to mod my headlight and came across a company selling universal tail fairings. Has anyone used one? It appears that you just need to drill and add hardware. Any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUC2-Custom-motorcycle-Streetfighter-tail-section-seat-universal-fairing-rear-/281135001480?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4174f3af88&vxp=mtr

I found them on flea-bay while searching for possible masks/helmets that I could turn into a mask. I probably not going with a mask yet since I have thought of how I would tie it into the rest of the bike. Probably going with the Dominator 2 projector headlights and a windscreen of some kind. I still want to changeout the tail section not right away but still. I like to research and plan so thats why I decided to ask you all.

·
Hot Sauce
210 Posts
Depending on what you`re sticking it on it could be fairly easy or a real pain in the ass. I have something "sorta" similar on my bike but i had to chop the rear portion "cargo area" of my sub frame off, grind off the latch to my cowl, make a mounting plate that bolts to the end of my sub and then make some L shaped brackets to hold the front portion...after chopping off the original tail mounts that were attached to the tank hinge. Then theres the tail light, i had to make some lil mounting pieces and then JB weld some hardware on the inside of the tail to bolt to. I couldn`t think of a better idea than JB weld since i didnt wanna drill through the fairing when it came to the tail light.

Blah blah chop the battery tray all to shit, blah blah relocate "zip tie" everything.

Another thing you have to consider is how it will be baring weight. it is fiber glass after all and if you can get it mounted in a way that A. looks good and B. sits flat on the sub frame then your weight alone is gonna eventually crack and break it to bits at the mounting points. ORRRR cut away where your seat goes so that the original seat for your bike can still be mounted as it was intended, depending on how your seat mounts this could solve the weight issue, atleast it did for me :)

TADA, i really hate taking the thing on and off, theres so many ways i could have made it easier on myself.

I don`t actually have a pic with the seat on right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts