Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, who's going this year?

Don't miss out on this incredible three-day weekend, October 6-8, 2017. Make plans to come :letsride:

Barber Motorsports Park
6030 BARBER MOTORSPORTS PARKWAY
BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA

http://www.barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/plan-your-trip/important-information/

I've already got tickets and camping covered for myself. Attempted to gain space in the swap meet YET AGAIN, but got shut out. Been raising hell about that for weeks now. Got myself moved up 63 places in line for next year though :D

Ticket sales

https://www.cuetoems.com/bvf_2017/Tickets.aspx

:thumbsup:

Tickets
Children 15 and under admitted free with a ticketed adult! Kids will not need an additional ticket. Your ticket includes general admission and complimentary Paddock access.

Three-Day General Admission Wristband $60.00

Friday General Admission $35.00
Saturday General Admission $35.00
Sunday General Admission $25.00

Ace Corner Tickets
"Ace Corner" is a hospitality area located inside the track at Gate 4, atop turn 17. Guests will have the opportunity to hang out at the legendary Ace Cafe as well as purchase hot food, cold beer, and wine. Attractions will include the absolute best viewing of the races, vendor exhibits, a bike giveaway, and prize giveaways. More details about live entertainment throughout the weekend will come available closer to the event. All guests must have an Ace Corner pass, including children 15 and under. You do NOT need to purchase a General Admission ticket in addition to the tickets below.
Three-Day Ace Corner & GA WristbandInfo$90.00
One Commemorative 3-Day wristband includes general admission and access into Ace Corner.

Friday Ace Corner & General Admission$50.00
Includes general admission and access into Ace Corner.
Saturday Ace Corner & General Admission$50.00
Includes general admission and access into Ace Corner.
Sunday Ace Corner & General Admission$35.00

Camping is extra and sells out fast

Hotel info

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/alabama/hampton-inn-birmingham-leeds-al-BHMLEHX/index.html

http://bestwesternalabama.com/hotels/best-western-plus-bass-hotel-and-suites

:letsride::rock::letsride::rock:

Saturday night beer is on me for CF members

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
My dad and I will be there again this year. We'll be in a hotel and get a parking pass so we can ride the little bikes around when we get there. Probably won't be getting the Ace Corner pass.

Think that purple "Lot D" parking pass from last year will be the same? I still have it on the window of my truck. Haha

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As soon as I get my stuff in the mail I will let you know. We can always make bootlegs again. LOL

·
Is my bike ok?
15,004 Posts
I may go down with a buddy that gets a vendor spot every year. I've been a few times and still haven't made it in to the museum. I have a couple things I'd like to go shopping for down their. BUT...I also really want to get my garage finished up and weather proofed ASAP. Work hasn't been letting me DW on the Moto Haven as much as I'd like.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may go down with a buddy that gets a vendor spot every year. I've been a few times and still haven't made it in to the museum. I have a couple things I'd like to go shopping for down their. BUT...I also really want to get my garage finished up and weather proofed ASAP. Work hasn't been letting me DW on the Moto Haven as much as I'd like.
Who's your buddy?

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah. I'm patiently waiting for some of those old pricks to kick the bucket so I can move up the list and finally get a space

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"grabs adjoining spaces"

= CK gets rejection letter for another year as to why he can't have space :D

Even though EVERY FUCKING YEAR we walk around and see empty unused spots in the swap. I swear it's like an old boys club thing

·
Is my bike ok?
15,004 Posts
I'm not sure how it works. I know he always buys his spots early the year, but it's not like he's guaranteed a spot just because he was there previously. The empty spots must be no-shows. No way they're turning away guys wanting to pay for unclaimed spots.

He gets a couple spots because his tent takes up at least two places. He typically brings a dozen or more bikes and several totes full of parts. In the past we just camped in the tent between the bikes. Bring a cooler with ice, food and drinks and pretty much just live there for a few days.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - They offer up space to all previous year squatters
2 - Any spaces left unclaimed by those guys get moved over to the available list
3 - They are "supposed" to work their way down the list of people in the que waiting on an opening
4 - All spaces are supposed to be paid for in advance to avoid no shows

This is what I get for a song and dance from the company that does the leasing of the space. I'm confident that's not how it works in reality

For one thing is how I magically moved backwards on the list 2 years in a row until I called and raised hell. Then they "found a clerical error" and moved me back up to where I should be. Another thing is the guy admitted that there are people on the wait list that are already current spot holders. So what they are doing is setting up a screen so you can't get thru the torpedo nets. If they miss out on the first call (see #1 above) then no worries because they have their name or some form of "space" held several other times on the list somewhere in que

They should take a page from Buzz Walneck's book and learn how to run a proper swap meet. His swaps grow year after year and they have provisions for no shows and also for selling out. They work hard to accommodate everyone.

But, that swap debacle is pretty much the same as how they run the camping at Barber too. If you aren't there early, forget about it, even if you did pay for space. It's largely uncontrolled, hence why Orleanyte and I had to basically camp in the car lane of the campground 2 years ago

Pisses me off to no end

It's the down side to an awesome fucking event. Rivals some of the best events I've gone to around the country. Just those things in particular are like a sharp stick to the eye for me

·
Is my bike ok?
15,004 Posts
1 - They offer up space to all previous year squatters
2 - Any spaces left unclaimed by those guys get moved over to the available list
3 - They are "supposed" to work their way down the list of people in the que waiting on an opening
4 - All spaces are supposed to be paid for in advance to avoid no shows

This is what I get for a song and dance from the company that does the leasing of the space. I'm confident that's not how it works in reality

For one thing is how I magically moved backwards on the list 2 years in a row until I called and raised hell. Then they "found a clerical error" and moved me back up to where I should be. Another thing is the guy admitted that there are people on the wait list that are already current spot holders. So what they are doing is setting up a screen so you can't get thru the torpedo nets. If they miss out on the first call (see #1 above) then no worries because they have their name or some form of "space" held several other times on the list somewhere in que

They should take a page from Buzz Walneck's book and learn how to run a proper swap meet. His swaps grow year after year and they have provisions for no shows and also for selling out. They work hard to accommodate everyone.

But, that swap debacle is pretty much the same as how they run the camping at Barber too. If you aren't there early, forget about it, even if you did pay for space. It's largely uncontrolled, hence why Orleanyte and I had to basically camp in the car lane of the campground 2 years ago

Pisses me off to no end

It's the down side to an awesome fucking event. Rivals some of the best events I've gone to around the country. Just those things in particular are like a sharp stick to the eye for me

Shit like that makes me reconsider giving them my money at all.

Not to whine, but I think it's a result of being self employed. I'm at the general public's mercy to get hired on a daily basis. Pretty much begging to whore myself out to them. Once I do get jobs and make money...I ain't fucking begging anyone to let me spend it. If that's how it goes, fuck Barber.

My inner child still loves watching those old Indians growl around the Wall of Death, though. That's worth the trip all by itself.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In this case, it's not Barber though. They contract it out to some management company called ZOOM. That's who's fucking the dog in this particular case.

Barber has been the best. Security guards are cool as hell. Track facilities are awesome (do wish there were more vending). And any time I have had any other issues, they have taken care of me

Last year when I arrived at 6am on Friday morning and found that EVERY SINGLE campsite in the entire lot was either occupied, had a vehicle parked in it, or was "roped off" I went to the ticketing office and started to raise hell. They pretty much told me to calm down and they would get it handled. The head of security followed me to the lot in his golf cart, asked me where I wanted to camp and promptly uprooted some dudes EZ up that was being used as a place holder and moved it. He left by saying "anybody bitches, tell them to come see me" :D Luckily in the end, the guys with the EZ up happened to be pretty damn nice and we drank copious amounts of booze with them. Pretty cool for hipsters that is

1 - 20 of 100 Posts