Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would share some progress I've been making this summer. Some of you may know I had a B12 that I have been working on for quite a while, just never could quite finish it off. Over time my tastes in style have changed a bit, so I figured it would be time for a fresh start on the project. It all started with a cheap clean title frame for a GS1150 that with a few mods will take a bandit lump quite nicely.

Had to make the motor mounts up, brace up and modify the rear suspension area to take the Buell direct link shock, as well as redo the whole subframe. The kawi tank fit on real nice, and then had to make the fiberglass tail which still needs another layer of glass and sanding to finish.

Moving into a new house in 2 weeks (20x40 heated shop!) so last night I put all the pieces back together so I can move it, and probably will sit that way for while till things get settled into the new place. Hoping to have it rolling for spring :)

Here's last night's assembly

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Sexy. You never disappoint mr.candyman

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, just gotta keep at it this time and actually finish the build. I've had this bike in various forms as a project for probably 7 years now and maybe only have 20 miles of riding in on it so far. I'm not starting anything else till this baby is done this time though :knucks:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
i love the way the tank fits on the b12. I think it'd look great and really fuck with people's minds if you keep it the Kawi colors.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For $ I might stick with the colors, just get a rattle can of the green made up for the tail till I get to final paint.

So the tank is not actually on a B12 frame, the frame is a GS1150 with a B12 motor mounted in it. GS frame is a backbone style (like the Kawi ZRX), this tank would not work at all on a B12 frame because the top frame members on a Bandit frame go much too wide.

But yes, the ZRX tank fits on the GS frame like a glove. Just had to weld on a couple new bars for the front cushion mounts and a plate for the rear tank mount. The petcock clearance is very tight though, and I may end up going to a gravity feed petcock by the end of it all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That whole thing is just sick! What is that headlight from? looks like a vrod muscle headlamp.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. Exhaust will be a nice tapered GP exhaust if I can find the right one. Something nice and loud for sure :D

And the headlight is a Vrod one ya. I still have some LED ones from my last run at this build so I may end up doing an LED cluster style eventually, but for now my plan is just get this thing on the road and have some fun with it!

·
UTINNI
63 Posts
@ candyman ... i like it , nice build, cant wait to see it finished.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Fuck that akra pipe. CrystalSkull had it on his r6, god damn is it obnoxious. Everytime he zoomed by me on the track I wanted to kick it.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Top Notch work as Usual. now Send me your B12 Parts hahahahha. I keed.

Those motors sound good Loud. Until you Hear an Old Skool Oil Boiler with barely an Exhaust you haven't heard anything. only thing close to it is theBusa. They Sound Fantastic. Best Sounding Inline four in theworld especially with a Cam.

Reactions: NeverEnough

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the old tank and tail are up for sale... hated to do that after all the work that I put into them though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts