Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any used this service? Click-N-Ship

You have to set up an account with the post office...which is no big deal...takes a couple minutes.

You also need a scale...which can be bough pretty cheap in most post offices as well as Staples and what not.

I decided to try and use it last night for the first time. Overall, I would say it was a pretty smooth process. You basically put in the recipients address info, weight of the package..and check off the appropriate boxes, then confirm all that, and move on to entering the payment info.
You enter your CC info and it shows you a PDF of what the label is going to look like, so you can make sure its right and will fit on your package.

Provided its OK, you then print out the label. It prints on a full sheet, but you cut it in half...half of the sheet is the label itself and gets attached to the package and the other half is the receipt and tracking info( delivery confirmation.)

Overall, I liked the system..it was nice to get everything ready from home. The one down side I saw is that it seems to cost about a $1 more than what it would if I went to the post office and went to the counter or used the automated machine they have the lobby. Usually, my packages, with delivery conf. were costing between $2.75 and $3.75....this online system was charging $4.60 That would be my one big complaint.

Sure, $1 at a time is no big deal.....but shipping 20 at a time, that's right...you guessed it, $20. El Sucko.

I am just curious if anyone else has used it and what they thought.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
We use this at work, sending out student packets and information and stuff. Usually in the flat-rate envelopes, but some other letters and whatnot as well. works great, except that it costs 4.60 to send 9oz worth of stuff in a large envelope via flat-rate...

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly...cost me $4.60 to send out something that I have been shipping everywhere for cheaper..I may just keep going to the post office.

·
My wife thinks Im working
183 Posts
K, I know this thread started 3 months ago,but I have to jump into this one...Click & ship, in my opinion is mediocre...at least it works.
I'm assuming most people use Click N Ship for Domestic parcels, but I'll tell you this: process your International orders online and you'll go out of your fucking mind!!
We export most of our products to the UK & Canada and occasionally to So. America. Each country has their own restrictions and requirements and most are different. Although these are available to view when you process your order, the information is both extremely vague and contradictory to another notice you may find elsewhere on the site.
Additionally, if you call USPS for International assistance you WILL, repeat: WILL wait 15-45mins only after a rediculous menu, and believe me when I say the operators or P.O. clerks have NO idea when you ask them what does "written correspondence having the nature of current and personal correspondence is not permitted in..." mean.
also, if you ask the US Post Office, either in person or online "What is the definition of a major destination?" Of course we know Los Angeles, Tokyo, New York and London are major destinations, but what about the Cayman Islands, Umbria, or Quebec? I needed to ship products to Chile and didn't know if the USPS considered it a "major destination", and nobody at the Post Office had a fucking clue...if it was, the cost could've been $54.00; otherwise the online cost stated $92.00 That could be your entire profit margin and then some!
Last but not least, each Customs tag I've ever processed >online< through USPS has been a waste of time 'cause at the drop off window I'm told it's the incorrect label. The same label the online sytem told me I MUST use! And often times there are more than 1 label.

Click N ship may work well, but when using the International online system giveyourself plenty of time and you'll need lots of patience and a good blunt!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL..thanks for the long reply. I have decided what works best for me, is to only use the online service for stuff that weighs over 5 lbs, and is only going domestically. Anything else, I just go to the post office and get the best pricing from a real live human. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts