Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

USD Forks, Dampers, and other awesome stuff! A/O engines if you are interested!

US 
1K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Racing Geek 
#1 ·
I never thought for a second I would part with the "never gonna get rid of it" stuff in my collection, but, I found a bike for sale I just can't pass up ('78 BMW R100/7 that runs like a sewing machine!) and it's time to move some stuff down the road so I can secure a solid down payment on the bimmer. Grew up around the slash seven, first time I was ever on a bike and decked peg on the ground mid corner was on a slash seven, just gotta own one and this opportunity for an air head makes me think I should let go of the good stuff.

Most of these parts were either used for mock fitment, or sat on the shelf, nothing was used by me, so any wear and tear or modification done was previous owner, mostly CF'ers. Except for the pipe I got from Dr Jellyfingers, the few minute blemishes were from me, test fitting it to the CBR900RR WBRW, and then slipping it under my YZ400F, if it sells, it sells, but I don't mine that sweet underbelly FMF pipe, I'm sure most of you would admire it as much as I do. :)

Without further explanation,

2006 ER650R belly pan, stock, a little trimming could make this fit almost anything. In fact, it would look good on almost anything. Buy this for cheaper than you can get any "custom" one for. Mounts are pretty standard for placement.

ER650, same one the belly pan came from, headlight shroud! Read both that it fits as a Z1000 fairing, read it doesn't. If you want to roll the dice, be my guest. :)

(no broken tabs anywhere!)

Factory paint 1995 CBR900RR tail plastics, of course there is holes where the PO added "integrated blinkers", but overall clean and have all tabs, no broken spots, a scratch or two, but otherwise better than an ebay sale as I can take pics of any part you want in a timely fashion. Seats, subframe, and center piece (included with the sides and tail light) that goes above the tail light are not pictured but can be included (subframe and seats slightly extra, I would be happy that someone bought it all at once).

Bark busters! Big old bastards that will fit over sportbike hand controls. ;)

$15 each pair. I can measure them if you want. Mounts are up to you.

Got this from Dr J pretty cheap, can't remember how much, if your interested or he chimes in I'll figure out the price.

1994 frame stamp, 1995 model year CBR900RR frame, many extra's that can be packed onto a pallet with it too, ultra nice, no scratches or cracks, engine (919cc) was blown up when I got it. I also have the wheels, swingarm dropouts, spacers, etc..

Asking $400 + shipping for the frame, +$50 for the swingarm, shock, linkage, axle, rearsets, etc.. If you want the full roller (tank was the only thing that was fucked up) we'll discuss it on the thread or via PM.

Bandit 1200 front end, axle, speedo drive, triples (top not pictured) fender, brakes, etc.

$250

GSXR "blue" forks....

$275

PO drilled the top triple for god knows what.

B12 calipers, they fit the blue forks too! Under 10,000 miles on them. ;)

$50

636 forks, complete, all you need to come up with is a master cylinder, and a longer brake line. Machined top triple setup for risers! These would be great to swap bearings or stem on and run up front on a vintage bike, I've also got bearings and the spacer to convert a ER6 front wheel to fit these! If you are interested in these I will talk to you about throwing in some extra's for them. The triple can even run LED's in front of the bars for turn signal, oil, side stand, and whatever other warning lights you desire.

1995 CBR900RR fork tubes, unlike the early 900RR forks, they are adjustable on the top and bottom of the fork. Since aquiring the black ones recently, these are obsolete in my pursuit of helping my brother really dial in his "Dafuq" build. So these can go. Comes with a '95 top triple too!

$100

Dampers, slowing the violence of the head shakes the fast guys get. And makes high speed wheelie landings a little more manageable.

Ohlins $125

Scotts $275 w/ risers. One of the adjustment knobs doesn't work the greatest, but still works with some messing about. Once you have this puppy set it's golden and there isn't a need, really ever, to mess with it.

With some interest I might sell a turn key engine from the Bandit, that entails wiring, gauges, exhaust, carbs, airbox, etc. You could start it on a pallet when it arrives if you add some fuel to the carbs and a battery to the harness! Willing to sell an entire engine package from THIS Bandit 1200 pictured. If interested I can get a video of it starting up cold and running so you can gauge for yourself that it is in the condition you want. Not terribly interested in parting out, if you buy the entire engine package I'll sell, otherwise I will keep it as a spare for the turbo bike.

Turn key engine package, $1100 plus shipping

...and I'll expand the "for sale" list tonight or tomorrow with the rest of the stuff, all prices are negotiable, and all prices are plus shipping as it can get pretty extreme depending on location from 53714 Madison, Wisconsin. Do your math if you have interest in a part and can come up with a rough estimate for it, I'll be happy to measure and weigh things too if there is interest in a particular part. Forks usually ship for far cheaper than you would think, so don't hesitate due to shipping. ;)

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the info,Seb. Sounds like my F3 parts will work easy enough.

I'll just have to source a bottom yoke. Rat, do you have a bottom yoke with the correct spacing and fork leg diameters you could sell me? Any bottom yoke I get will be getting a stem swap regardless, so that's a non-issue, but I appreciate the heads up, Rat.

If you can tell me the length I'll know if they will work for me. I can't remember what I was needing for axle centerline - top of yoke length, but I bet these are similar in length to F3 legs. IIRC I need 31'' or 32'', but I'll measure soon to verify. THis will be the least piece of the puzzle for my CB1100F :rock:

*EDIT* I just realized that Seb ninja'd me when I was replying about the 900RR forks the first time. Not trying to step in line. :D If Seb backs out give me a shout. Rat, pm'd you with my cell if that will make life easier for ya.

#5 ·
Who ever is down for the forks I can have them packaged up for shipment pretty quick. Triple or no triple I'll sell it all for the price I have on the forks, plus shipping (It's CF, why try to pinch pennies). The early '92-'94 bottom triple/stem has a smaller diameter at the top (same bearing) where it meets the top triple, so it does require a 95+ model year bottom triple to fit correctly. Just a FYI on that.

The FMF underbelly pipe and bark busters are spoken for by Dr J. Seems if we can figure out what I bought it for, or just come up with a reasonable number, all that stuff goes out to him, so there will be a trip to post office soon, the more that sells the easier getting it all shipped out will be.

#7 ·
Shiny, the forks are yours if you want them. I was going to buy them because of familiarity with the seller, and keep them for spares. No real need here.

#10 ·
I'd need 3" drop triples to get ride height where I need it. Unless I can gain ride height internally, which I'm not schooled on at all. That seemed like too much to me, but maybe not.

At the minimum I'm shooting for stock ride height with 17's, though I'd prefer to get it about 1- 1.5" higher than stock. I like tall bikes.

My '80 750F is raised 2" in the back with the stock s-arm, 31" long F3 forks and 17" rims, and I wish it was higher.

Shopping for long, modern forks ain't easy. :(

#11 ·
Are you really tall? If not, why do you like the weight up so high? Ideally, you'd want it as low as you can get without dragging parts...

After modifying the forks and changing triples, you can gain about 2".

My ride height is pretty decent. I even mousetrapped a wheelie without bottoming out :oops:

#13 ·
you could always make extensions

Cheers for the positives folks,it spurs me on......

Extensions finished,bar the tidying up....

i'm sure there's a way to not need a custom triple, maybe turn down the extensions to fit the stock.

Top yoke done,pockets and fittings for extensions finished

Note slightly lightened extensions.......:D

The grooves top and bottom are to hold the sleeves,which will be turned to match the radius on the yokes

#15 ·
RG, yeah, long ago, the Scotts fit my YZ (that build is pushed back a bit so I'm loosing interest in hanging onto the Scotts and fat bar mounts that go with it) and the Ohlins was an awesome unit, I think it was an old Suzuki twin and some cash or something, was more a deal my brother made so he could get a damper for the Dafuq build.

I'll measure up the Ohlins today and post up the numbers.

#23 ·
Right on man, I've had a bit of interest on and off the forum, gotta get the inlet diameter measurement on it and reply to a few PM's. Looks like grymm was the first to speak up for it before a few others so I'll get in touch with him first. Funny most of the interest has been from Ninja 650R owners, a few weeks ago a friend of mine stopped in with his 650R and wanted to trade his Jardine GP-1 for it. I politely declined although the carbon GP-1's are just as cool as the FMF, they not nearly as rare or light weight.

#24 ·
Seb, the coils will be out Monday, everyone else, I'm in the middle of a messy situation (mentioned elsewhere the old lady is an alcoholic) and it came to a head yesterday and I've gotta get her outta my house. I'll reply to PM's and get back to this by mid week at the latest. Sorry for the delay guys, I didn't expect everything in my home life to go so sideways. :(

#27 ·
Despite the slow down the coils are in the mail, I'll box up the forks and the exhaust tomorrow. Should have adequate packaging for them around here. No doubt the pipe will be big but not heavy.

Parting out an entire turn key Bandit 1200 engine, who wants to build a 7/11?? :fu:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.