Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GSXR750W "Blue" USD's. Hard as fuck to find, took a bit to get them and I sniped them out from under everyone when it happened. I'll knock $100 off what I payed for them and let them go for $200 + shipping. :)

Complete, as you see it, '92 GSXR600W front end. USD's as the theme of the thread title. SOLD!!. Ain't getting a better deal anywhere. ;)

GSXR600W gas tank. No key, no clue how to open it without drilling it out, locksmith service maybe? No dents, no deep scratches, all mounting tabs intact, decent paint, good looking piece for the price! SOLD!!.

ProCircuit T-4 slipon. These ain't cheap. Sound fantastic on a 600 four too. Scratched a little, no dents, easily shortened if you put some time into it there would be no more scratches at all. SOLD!!. Holy shit that one went fast!

Some long shot parts I'm not sure will sell. Might get lucky though. The prices are right.

Ninja 650R wheels, would be awesome on an old KZ. The front bolts up with just a single spacer on the blue forks above. SOLD!! for the pair with the brand new tires and the brakes included, just need a sprocket. :D

1992 GSXR600W frame/swingarm/subframe/etc. as pictured, clean title in my name, SOLD!!. Would make for an awesome project, buy this thing and a few other parts and you would have a pretty decent combination of bits.

Two solid engines, a '91 GS500E and '92 GSXR600W, come complete with carbs, electronics, etc., ready to run, both have had fresh tune ups and are ready to rock. SOLD!!, each. Try to even find the carbs off either for that price, let alone the whole package ready to run.

I'm gutting myself on these deals!! Just get it outta my shop!!

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you? Interested posdibly in....a lot of it.
Located in Wisconsin, Madison area, could travel a bit though, or find a price on bulk shipping and a reduced cost on the parts if you buy a huge lot of it I'll probably knock a bit of the asking price just for the convenience of not shipping a ton of things separately. :D

There is a bit more where this came from as well. I'll have to dig up a few more things I have laying around. ;)

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Pretty sure I've got a interested buyer in at least that gsxr frame. Probably the tank too. Remember the guy that came with me to do the trade for the gs450? He might want it.

EDIT:
Know if a kat600 engine will fit the same as the gsxr600 engine? Does that frame have the removable upper shock mount?

EDIT:
Do you still have the rear wheel?

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty sure I've got a interested buyer in at least that gsxr frame. Probably the tank too. Remember the guy that came with me to do the trade for the gs450? He might want it.

EDIT:
Know if a kat600 engine will fit the same as the gsxr600 engine? Does that frame have the removable upper shock mount?

EDIT:
Do you still have the rear wheel?

I'm not sure on the Kat engines fitting the frame, but it is entirely possible. Physically there wasn't enough room for the B12 engine, but I'm not sure on a smaller 600.

I'll check the shock mount, never really got deep enough into that part of the bike to know for sure.

Yup, rear wheel is here, polished to hell and back and looks like crap now though. Needs powder or paint to look anything like it should.

Could throw the tank, frame, wheel, plastics, and custom seats all together for $250, and deliver it since you came out for the GS, it's my turn to make a trip that direction anyway. Though I am living on the east side of Madison now, and the whole parts bin is here, expensive, rare, and hard to find stuff included if you do have a desire to see what else I have around. ;)

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buddy of mine got into it at 65mph with a deer tonight, he's pretty beat up and I'm probably gonna pull a few bits off the for sale list once I get his ride into my shop to see what I can do for him. Anyone that has crashed could only imagine if they had someone willing to put their bike back together better than it was before. Seems the current generation forgot that's what the brotherhood of motorcycling was all about, and I'm all about reviving the better days.

Probably gonna use the least sought after bits though, so someone buy those blue forks! :D

·
10,448 Posts
After talking to my friend earlier tonight he is interested in all the gsxr600 stuff you have except the front end... but now I'm considering that front end.... lol

Price to make it all disappear? Mileage on the gsxr600? No key so he would need new ignition mount and tank cap?

EDIT:
Out of curiosity do you think those Ninja 650 wheels would work for a supermoto setup? I bought a KTM today and I'm starting to look into the supermoto conversion. I'd love to do spokes but it's looking like it will cost more then I want to spend at the moment.

And is he ok? Was he able to at least take the deer home him that he got some free venison (I suppose it isn't really free given the circumstances).

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After talking to my friend earlier tonight he is interested in all the gsxr600 stuff you have except the front end... but now I'm considering that front end.... lol

Price to make it all disappear? Mileage on the gsxr600? No key so he would need new ignition mount and tank cap?

EDIT:
Out of curiosity do you think those Ninja 650 wheels would work for a supermoto setup? I bought a KTM today and I'm starting to look into the supermoto conversion. I'd love to do spokes but it's looking like it will cost more then I want to spend at the moment.

And is he ok? Was he able to at least take the deer home him that he got some free venison (I suppose it isn't really free given the circumstances).

The front 650 wheel would undoubtedly need a little machining but could fit, the rear as well. If you can get the specs on width of the front and rear hubs on the KTM I can measure the wheels and see if there is enough material to work them down to fit. ;)

$250 takes the GSXR stuff listed (and the rear wheel), add on the cost of the front end if you want that too, and it's all yours. Or are you talking engine and all, like, the whole bike? That I would have to think about, I bought it for the engine anyway. :D

Any idea if that complete usd gsxr front end is compatible for a 2002 SV swap? I could meet you half way from Minneapolis if it is.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I'm pretty sure 600 forks would be pretty standard to swap onto an SV, probably require pressing the stem out and the SV one into it, or, a bearing swap would do it, not sure on stem length between the two but I do know the spring rate and damping would be similar in weight to the SV.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My buddy is doing alright, haven't talked to him today to see how he's doing but I am probably gonna head over and see him and the bike some time this afternoon and get a list going on what I need to dig up to fix his bike. I even offered him my DRZ or my car while I sort his bike. He said he appreciates the offer. I said to him it isn't an offer, it's a fact of life, the bike will be better than ever when it is back on the road.

He swears if he had better brakes accompanied by better tires it would have written a completely different story. He's also sold on why I wear a race suit to ride the street. Said this ain't happening twice and his jacket burned all the way through to the shirt he was wearing. I get the feeling his legs and hips are gonna be in some pretty rough shape though, blue jeans only do so much. :(

Gonna do everything I can to help him, not only with the bike but running errands and shit as his bike was his ONLY form of transportation. I live literally 3 houses away from him and we've known one another for just over 20 years. I'll probably give him a spare key for my car until his bike is back on the road and drive my late fathers Rav4 until he has everything sorted out.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would love that 500 motor setup for a chopper project. Shipping is a deal breaker though :(

After what happened to the 900 I would chop that price in half and find the cheapest way to get it to you just to see what it turns into. I can check around and see what the cheapest shipping cost is for it. I should have that number regardless. If it was less than $350 shipped I would imagine it wouldn't be too bad. :D

My turbo bike is a huge motivator to move anything at nearly any price.

·
10,448 Posts
Yeah im talking the whole bike. My friend wants to put it back together to get a relatively cheap sport bike but he wants to use the katana front end he has to keep things cheaper. I would buy the gsxr600 front end off him then. So yeah, everything gsxr600 would be gone.

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
After what happened to the 900 I would chop that price in half and find the cheapest way to get it to you just to see what it turns into. I can check around and see what the cheapest shipping cost is for it. I should have that number regardless. If it was less than $350 shipped I would imagine it wouldn't be too bad. :D

My turbo bike is a huge motivator to move anything at nearly any price.

That's pretty awesome man. It would turn into a rigid framed chopper style frame with a bobber seat, RSU CBR600RR front end and chrome F4i wheels. Basically a means for me to cut my teeth on building a frame off a Honda neck and use up spare parts in the process.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah im talking the whole bike. My friend wants to put it back together to get a relatively cheap sport bike but he wants to use the katana front end he has to keep things cheaper. I would buy the gsxr600 front end off him then. So yeah, everything gsxr600 would be gone.

Well, lowest I'll go is $750 for the lot of it, it's stripped down but everything has been organized and cataloged. Was planning on cleaning it all up, that's why it was gutted down after I got it running. No other reason aside from that. Needs an exhaust manifold and a gas cap but otherwise it's all there and strait as any old GSXR is gonna be on the used market.

No clue on actual mileage as the gauges were replacements as well as the complete front end. Seems it tagged a car or something to need junkyard replacements. NeverEnough bought it that way so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Pics the day I stripped it down. Everything you see there is boxed up and ready. Clean Wisco title in hand. And a fresh oil change and filter for it too...

The seats are a separate deal though... my brother recovered them to sell them, and I agreed if I sold the bike I would sell them separately. So $100 more and the custom seats are included, otherwise a set of bog stock seats for it are less than $60 a pair on ebay.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah, my buddy is down for the count this season. Fractured 3 vertebrae and has a pretty bad concussion. I'm gutted as it is a good friend of mine and I hate to see this happen to anyone, let alone a close friend. :(

PM inbound about the GS engine package, Seb. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts