Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had one of these and think much of it?

Been offered one for $50 which seems reasonable, about £30 when converted so same as a stock ignitor by UK eBay) and think I might give it a go.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Might as well. They usually came pre-loaded with a couple different maps for an intended bike, you can make a few basic changes though the unit to the advance curve. It's not like a power commander you can program through a PC. I believe they let you increase the rev limit as well, though do this with caution. Some bikes tolerate over-rev much better than others.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far as I understand its like an advanced but without the down sides of hard starting etc.
Not sure about over revving it though, I think it might kill my ZX6E, might be ok on something lower revving and docile though.

Vance and Hines deny possession of any info though which is a joke

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yeah, at idle and low rpm the timing isn't really altered at all. These boxes usually take the stock advance curve and just shift it down a few hundred RPM...so you get more advance sooner. On a lot of bikes this actually costs you torque in the low to midrange, though it subjectively gives a "quicker" throttle response. Unless the box specifies to start running premium fuel, it's unlikely it's maximum advance is any more than stock, so peak power isn't affected, though it might reach peak a little earlier in the rev range.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it and have it set on Level 2 performance and stock rev limit.
Seems to absolutely go like FUCK in the mid range now, will have to drop my stock sprocket back onto the bike and see how it feels.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
is that a good thing? the going like fuck.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
when i go like fuck. im on top of the world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts