Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum needs more chopper

I'll try to start from the beginning a little, and get caught up.

I bought this new in June 2000. I've put all but 10 miles on it that it has. Its been there through almost every major event in my life,

It was here after the last unskilled half ass build.

And my kids tore it down. This is as much their project as mine.

So I sat down and figured where to go. And it only made sense to start from scratch.

Drew up what I wanted.

And out came the steel.

Went through a couple front end renditions before I settled.

Took the fat bobs and made a 1 piece tank with a deep tunnel, and took an old trailer fender, ran it through the bead roller, and made something cool.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stuffed some electronics under the tank

Then my daughter cranked up the lathe again and made an oil filter adapter for me.

Made a new intake for the carbs

Hid more electronics in a pan under the seat.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Made a couple low pro super cheap filters since I couldnt find what I wanted. And yes, I'm sure they flow enough based on calculations from k&n

Made some breathers from .50 cal shells

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man that is a sweet build. Everything about it is awesome. Very custom. A very cool build for sure.

And it's cool that your daughter can run a lathe. I wouldn't even know how to turn one on. :doh:
Thanks. I made a decision that except for a few parts I'm reusing, (headlight, brake light, couple tiny odds and ends) that if I could possibly make it I would. Thats me 2nd time ever doing leather work, except for a few lessons from my grandpa as a kid, never built a complete frame before(for a bike anyways), this is definetely MY ride.

As for the kids, thats the best part. Having my own shop definetely has its benefits, they work with me every day they can, they've had wrenches in their hands since they could walk, working on the bike.

Even the wife is into it, she wont let me sell it even if I wanted to, and every once in a while she pops by for inspiration.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've poked around here for a few years, just never signed up since I had nothing to contribute. I've never kept anything stock, I'm partial to chops, but the next one will be a retarded naked bike, so I'll hang out for a while.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just cant leave anything alone. Grabbed some aluminum, turned some grips, and turned down a bigass shell casing for a bar end mirror. Just need to get some glass cut now, and wrap them in leather.

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
i was looking at this on the cult.... cool stuff.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
BaD ass. Wish i Could do wicked shit like that

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been neglecting this since I got my little chop, but damned if I'm not fired up about it, found out that its in the Horse Magazine in the back talk section, so I'm pretty stoked. Ordered a few bits and pieces for it, and getting back at it in a week or two once I get the photoshoot done on the cheap chop. :D

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Awesome build!!!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah, I thought maybe I'd been seeing this bike elsewhere.

Hope you get sponsored!
I dropped off the internet for a while. But came back in time for the GreasyDozen decisions, and after one of the guys went AWOL got a top twelve spot. Super stoked for that.

So I tore into some stuff that I was never 100% happy with.
Gonna start going together real fast now, with the Greasy Dozen, I've got a newfound enthusiasum for it.
Built a new tank from scratch. Much better.......

Started gusseting the front end up as well so it can come apart for chrome or powdercoat asap.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts