Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
always half done
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT MY BIKE, but thought it was interesting. Somone else posted this on our local forum and if I had the space and time, I'd be all over it. Would love to build up a V4 'fighter.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1492686404.html

================================================== ========

1996 Honda VFR - $700 (willow glen / cambrian)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-12-02, 11:31PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a project or parts bike, however I will not part it out. It is being sold as is. All the body work is gone and I believe the rear sub-frame is “custom”. As far as I can tell the main frame, rear suspension with the single-sided swing arm, and the front suspension is all straight and in good condition. The brake system has steel-braided lines, look like new pads, decent shape rotors, no leaks and it works properly. The engine and transmission sound really strong. When started and at higher RPM there's no smoke and it holds good idle. Gears select good and clutch is in decent condition. Exhaust has two new megaphone style mufflers which indicate the “custom” job. Front and back wheels are straight. It has new tires. Judging from the exhaust and other items this bike was a custom project. I got this bike as a part of bigger motorcycle/parts purchase, and was going to use the rear single-sided swing-arm on my project but I decided to go with Ducati-style instead. All the documents are available and I can provide the “origin” documents for the engine or other parts.

For more pictures of the bike please go to: http://sites.google.com/site/vfrforsale/

PLEASE look carefully at the pictures. That's all the parts I have, and no additional parts are available.

Please do not inquire about purchasing a part of the bike. I'm selling it as one and I'm not willing to part it out.

NOTE: If you would like to view it and hear it run please bring a motorcycle battery with you as the one on the bike is dead and it won't hold a charge.

Asking: $700.00 o.b.o

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
dang thats not a bad deal at all. wrong section though.

Reactions: 929_adam

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
damn that is a pretty good deal

·
always half done
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang thats not a bad deal at all. wrong section though.
Yeah, I guess I should have posted it in classifieds? Wasn't sure since I'm not selling it...

Fine with me if the mods want to move it.

·
826 Posts
I've always thought one of those would be great for making a fighter. It's a great looking frame and engine, you've already got the SSSA. I like some of the newer ones with the undertail/highmount exhausts as well.

·
always half done
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the engine has an awesome feel, great sound, and is bulletproof. Some think it's underpowered, but I always thought the problem was it was overweight... so stripping the fucker down would be perfect. It handles well at 500 lbs. Imagine what it would feel like at 400.

The last 750 is the best gen too, IMO. Lighter chassis, no VTEC.

Picturing it with a blacked out engine block and a red frame/swingarm. I think i'm talking myself into this thing... I just need the time, space and tools to work on it. Easy, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts