Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i'm not the only one out here :D

anyway i got thinking, what bike would be better as a track base vfr750 or vfr800? why?
also what would you do with it?

i've found out info about 837cc strokers and some impressive numbers out of it.

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
All of them are a little porky if you're planning on track only. Regarding 750 vs 800, I'd base that mostly on whether you prefer carbs or EFI.

I suppose stripped down they aren't too heavy, but I'd be very surprised if they compared favorably to a more modern GSXR750 or similar.

·
17 Posts
Shit they're great bikes, but I don't think there's anyway to really lighten them up. Even that 'Bioblade' is still 470lbs wet.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's s cool story.

When my mom was pregnant with me, she did a lot of comuting wih her car at the time, soviet made zaz 968 i think. She drove it unil 7th month or maybe more. That really affected me, cuz as a baby i did fell asleep when engine was running( still Works)

So the point for the story? That car had v four in it. So i must thank my mom for the love towards v fours

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Registered
239 Posts
ive got a vfr 800, and its a great motor. sound evil, goes well, and with gear driven cams it has about 100,000 miles on it (160,000ks) and its still strong.
one guy on vfrd has big bored one by using cbr954 pistons (i think), a fancy pants ecu, etc, etc.

stripped back with gsxr front end, ducati 1098/848 wheels, etc, it doesnt feel too heavy. But it was when i got it.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've read on 929 pistons. also i've read that SSSA ir a lot heavyer than conventional swinger. subframe is steel not alloy. there is space for diet :D

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
I'd go first or second generation V4, if it were for track days....

Reactions: hrdy

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
86-90 Models suspension isnt the best one. But even with that i like them.
Earlier model engines arent the best, when talking about reliability

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
You could build a mean track machine using a 90-97 VFR750.

Swap to 900RR swingarm (for weight) and some decent forks like CBR600F4i and I bet you'd love it so much you'd build another for the street. 90-97 motors are the same, 90-93 has larger carbs.

The beauty of the V4 is it makes more torque than an I4 at lower revs, and you can still rev the balls off the top end. And they're virtually indestructible.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could build a mean track machine using a 90-97 VFR750.

Swap to 900RR swingarm (for weight) and some decent forks like CBR600F4i and I bet you'd love it so much you'd build another for the street. 90-97 motors are the same, 90-93 has larger carbs.

The beauty of the V4 is it makes more torque than an I4 at lower revs, and you can still rev the balls off the top end. And they're virtually indestructible.
i'm actually was already thinking about it :) but maybe with a 929 piston mod :rock: only thing that i like on 800 is that it has swinger attached to engine. and it's EFI

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Newer engine in older frame
Newer suspension on older frame
I wouldn't try either of those early bikes with stock parts.
But I would love to have them with the factory race parts of that time period as shown

·
Registered
239 Posts
id listen to seb, he knows a lot about viffers.
i reckon you'd be better off focusing on weight reduction more than HP. I went with the 800 for a fighter because it was a manly 800 (almost) rather than a girly 750.
cbr swingarm, decent forks, lightweight wheels, al subframe, some carbon fibre here and there.. and a supercharger. Dont forget the supercharger.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Suparcharger is more hp :D

Anyway im.thinking that i wanna do a project with my dad firstly. Looking towards magna cuz im.a whore for v4

1 - 16 of 16 Posts