Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll put more detail in as soon as I'm home, but I was trying to sell this pig but now it is time to finally do a badass build of my own. The CBR is done for the most part now and my DRZ is still running great, so I have time for a proper project bike now. I've been kicking around the Idea for a "theme" build but I'm just overall looking for a cool looking bike that can ride good and kick some ass.

Traded my 1991 GS500 for this 1984 Honda Sabre from Ratfighter.

This is my inspiration...

May take all winter but this bike is happening!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That's a nice trade gs500 for a sabre that's winning

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here be the plans...

Gathering up parts now for this thing, Have most but still need a headlight and other bits. Still has no brakes as well. I've got the Interceptor chin fairing to mount on it, going to attempt my first visible clutch window on the engines side cover, going to modify the tank to have fuel level sight tubes on both sides also planning on a 7" single round headlight with wire stone guard custom made over it.

For the overall paint scheme its going to be a darker olive drab with the bottom of the chin fairing the light blue. Frame and engine flat black, rims silver and black shadowing, the headlight will be painted black with a red bezel. I'm not going to go crazy, maybe have the white star with red dot center on the tank and some numbers on the tail cowl. Thats all stuff I can do myself, wouldn't mind getting some air brushing done to add the look of rivets along the tank and maybe some bullet holes, but thats all extra crap. The seat will be covered in worn out leather like a old flight jacket.

The speedometer is going to be replaced with a smaller one like what is on my CBR, tach is in a good place already. Going to try tucking as much of the electronics under the tank as I can. Right now there is a coil sitting on the left side of the engine and I want it all inside. The rest I guess will be little touches, like a wrapped exhaust, LED indicator lights at the end of the handlebars color matched like real aircraft lights, stuff along those lines.

Its going to be heavy, loud, and powerful. So its pretty much the same as a old early WWII aircraft.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
....going to attempt my first visible clutch window on the engines side cover....
Did you get the spare side cover from Ben? I had a pretty much complete spare engine I gave to Ben. I'm pretty sure the side covers went with it. If you don't have them, I'll take a look in the shed and see if I have it still. I think I have a few spare parts still like valve covers for it.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy Jpeg!

Resize the photo please.
Let me know if that works. Doing everything off a phone and I dont know where to get the app.

Did you get the spare side cover from Ben? I had a pretty much complete spare engine I gave to Ben. I'm pretty sure the side covers went with it. If you don't have them, I'll take a look in the shed and see if I have it still. I think I have a few spare parts still like valve covers for it.
I have the parts one from Ben, only reason why I would even attempt it lol

Reactions: SabreV45
1 - 8 of 8 Posts