Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As if I didn't already have enough builds going on, the shop got a new toy yesterday.

1972 Honda CB 450. 12k on the clock, missing keys, bat, kick start lever, shift lever and some other misc stuff. Has been collecting dust for a while. Gave it a quick bath and started to look at what we have. Tried to bump it but motor was frozen. Some ATF down the holes, 1/2 later, she's free. Hot wired the starter to bump it and the starter spins, but doesn't engage. I took the side cover off, and stretched out the springs in the starter clutch and she now grabs. I'm just gonna let them ride till they don't work again and then replace 'em. Gas tank has deep wells on the side, so I kinda expect some rust issues in there.

This is a super long term, budget build, which ultimately will get a cafe/tracker kinda treatment. The intention is that this will be a shop bike to run small errands, go grab lunch, or ride at the end of the day cause it's the only one that can (LOL).

Step one is to make it go and stop, and get a plate for it. We'll probably polish and clean it up for a while, then when another bike is actually done, it'll start getting some mods.

I kinda gave a real quick polish to some things to see how they will clean up, and I was pleasantly surprised that most of the chrome is gonna clean well. It has pits and scuffs, but I don't really give a fuck.

So the updates will probably be a mix between myself and Ryan (Garlic Sauce).

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Re: venturesomerite's SHOP BIKE #1 - 1972 CB 450

Another?!? lol...

If there is a key code stamped on the face of the lock, helmet, gas or ignition, pm me. I could possibly help you out with a key...

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Another?!? lol...

If there is a key code stamped on the face of the lock, helmet, gas or ignition, pm me. I could possibly help you out with a key...
No gas lock

Ignition is T6697

Seat Lock is T6697

I haven't looked for keys yet though.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

No gas lock

Ignition is T6697

Seat Lock is T6697

I haven't looked for keys yet though.
Right on man, if you come up dry let me know. It doesn't look like it'd be an issue...

·
RUST REMOVER
1,092 Posts
Hey, you didn't change the title yet... This bike is excellent shape, comparable to the condition my xs400 was in when i first got it. Very excited for this build, you guys know im a parralel twin freak. Judging by the disc brake up front and the electric start etc, it seems to me that this was the pimped out option. Ecpect updates very soon. Sleeping Giant Cycles bro

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hmm, it appears changed on my end.... I'll have to figure it out.

EDIT: looks like I just changed it in the first post. I'll have to have a MOD change it in the actual thread I guess. I don't think I have that power!

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Right on man, if you come up dry let me know. It doesn't look like it'd be an issue...
Will do. Do you have blanks or number cuts laying around? I'd rather give some $$ to a fellow fighter than Won Dong in China

·
RUST REMOVER
1,092 Posts
Whatya think Bri... Wouldnt take us too long to do. Lmao

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nice but a aways off right now.

Small pictureless update: Got a set of NOS keys on the way, and some needed parts like Manual, kicks tart lever and shift lever(current on is stripped, but the shaft is ok on motor thankfully)

Once the parts are in, we can start trying to start it lol. I expect a tank and carb clean at the least are in order, but well see what we need to do to get her rollin"

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

Got a set of NOS keys on the way,
I apologize man drop the ball on that. It turned out I didn't have the key blank for that bike. Sorry I didn't let you know sooner...

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

No biggie, trust me I know shit happens in life man

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts

Hmm, it appears changed on my end.... I'll have to figure it out.

EDIT: looks like I just changed it in the first post. I'll have to have a MOD change it in the actual thread I guess. I don't think I have that power!
That power comes atta high price mate ;).

Title changed in tha main members project area for all to see.
I will have ta work on post headings later.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

That power comes atta high price mate ;).

Title changed in tha main members project area for all to see.
I will have ta work on post headings later.
Oh the posting headings are fine. Thanks!!!:)

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, Sad event but it happens to the best of us. Had to sell it to pay some bills. Never even got to really work on it lol.

Thread dead.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts