Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
venturesomerite's Uglier Betty - 1996 Katana 600 - 2015 Build off - DISCUSSION THREAD

Ok, here's where you guys get to talk all the shit you want. Have fun.

on a serious note, suggestions and tips are ALWAYS welcome!

Brian

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Question - What weight oil would you rec I run in my blue USD forks? I just plan to redo seals and change oil. Doesn't look like I will be able to afford upgraded springs right now

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
As far as the blue forks or silver forks question... Blue forks and orange accents?
If you're comfortable with your bike being Auburn colors, go for it, if not, don't. =P

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Here's the deal...

1 out of 10 people that see your bike will know what the significance of the blue forks are. That's what makes them a keeper...9 people will pass by it like, huh that's a cool color. And that one person will spot them from across the way and be like, oh shit!....

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Needs thoughts on whether or not to flip the stabilizer and headlight, so the headlight would be up a few inches and the stabilizer down by the tipple, or leave em as is?

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Headlight looks a little low in your pictures. Raise it up and take more.
Hard to do, It's in holes on the lower tripple.

Here's the same headlight on the stock Kat forks, in the same spot.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,036 Posts
Here's the deal...

1 out of 10 people that see your bike will know what the significance of the blue forks are. That's what makes them a keeper...9 people will pass by it like, huh that's a cool color. And that one person will spot them from across the way and be like, oh shit!....
I don't know the significance of the blue forks. Educate me, please.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I don't know the significance of the blue forks. Educate me, please.
The blue color is one year only, 94 gsxr 750...

Nothing too crazy, but cool nevertheless... :)

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was looking for a headlight similar to that for my build. Where did you buy it?
Ebay like 3 years ago I think. I remember having a really hard time finding one, I believe I used the term "teardrop" in the search to find it. It was pretty cheap. It was also chrome when I bought it. Light output on it is terrible just FYI

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was looking for a headlight similar to that for my build. Where did you buy it?
Ebay like 3 years ago I think. I remember having a really hard time finding one, I believe I used the term "teardrop" in the search to find it. It was pretty cheap. It was also chrome when I bought it. Light output on it is terrible just FYI
Oh ok is that why you were planning on swapping to hid?

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh ok is that why you were planning on swapping to hid?
Yeah.

High beam is ok, like a normal low beam, low beam is like a candle. Could just be whatever brand I bought, but it's the reflector, I've swapped the bulb for a silverstar with little difference.

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So opinions on mirrors. The dan motos I am running have a rounded end, no hole for bar ends or mirrors.

So without knowing how thick the tube is, do I risk it and just lop the end off so I can shove a mirror in it only to find out they don't fit in, or run some other non bar end mirror? Me thinks they can't be that thick, right?

·
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks!

It still needs some bondo and sanding, but it's pretty much there. Plans are to paint the tripples and the gauge mount black.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Nice work on that blasting, looks good.

And

Also blasted the can. not sure why I polished it honestly, no one's gonna see it under the belly pan I'm gonna make....

Because you'll know. :shocker:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts