Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quick question on the F2 rear swap. There used to be couple drawings floating around with measurements. Does anyone know off hand if I need to make all new spacers or just the caliper side? And should I machine the sprocket carrier or make it fit as is. Im going to turn 3 spacers 14mm, 16mm, and 8mm and see how that pans out. Those dimensions are for a vf700f cbr f2 rear wheel conversion. Hoping they share a similar swing arm.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Vf or vfr? i have rc24, as far as i know, the same bike as vfr700. i can measure the width on sway.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Quick question on the F2 rear swap. There used to be couple drawings floating around with measurements. Does anyone know off hand if I need to make all new spacers or just the caliper side? And should I machine the sprocket carrier or make it fit as is. Im going to turn 3 spacers 14mm, 16mm, and 8mm and see how that pans out. Those dimensions are for a vf700f cbr f2 rear wheel conversion. Hoping they share a similar swing arm.
I have an f2 if theres anything I can measure for you let me know

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

both wheels are on but swap still isn't complete. The front wheels just need spacers. I need the right wheels bearings for the back wheels and a modified caliper to be complete. Im happy with the look though.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Getting there. Im starting to think you need something to prevent water and mud going up your back. But without disturbing the lines

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Thats exactly what i was thinking before

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
heres the bike where it stands now. I tacked on the subframe where I planned to mount it but it definetly looks off so im going to play around with it some more. Needs to be mounted higher. I'll add more pics of different placement positions and get some opinions before I weld it up. In the mean time I need to order parts for my welder.

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
Can't believe I've never posted here...
I love VF500s, but every time I see them on Craigslist for a reasonable amount, they're either not running or have no title.

Anyway, it's looking good.
The wheels look good, the seat looks good, the tank looks good... But the tail's sleek, so I don't know, I think the subframe would look better if it fit with the seat better. The way it is now it's gonna' take all the attention away from the rest of your work.
Can't wait to see with the subframe in a different position (or positions, like you said) and the wheels on...!

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
yesterday I was wondering what is going on with this project. If i can suggest. Why not rise the subframe in angle. So it touches the angle on seat. And on that small part, that is.angled up use just a sheet metal. In idea i think you could get a flowing line. Like on my buildoff bike, but woth sheet metal to support rear part of seat.
looking at your bike makes me want to get vf750 interceptor. One of every generation v fours will be in my wish list

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Need to add a bend somewhere in front of the first bend or its going to look dumb. Im probably going to just cut some notches on the inside to get the angle i need and then reweld. Had a hell of a time getting the two bends on the two tubes without crushing it.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 72 Posts