·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
cut that bend off and you're golden

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

yea I kind of want a compound bend though. Im going to try and notch it to put it in the right spot then have the weld shop next door tig it up to keep it pretty. If it turns out shitty i'll get rid of the bend

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The battery, coils, and fuse box are mounted under there so i need somewhere to tuck away accessories. Floating subframe would be cool but i dont see it happeneing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Lol to tell you the truth im not sure what i want. In the beginning i was planning on doing side panels with a jacked up tail but im veering away from that idea now. After making the seat Im undecided

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
The battery, coils, and fuse box are mounted under there so i need somewhere to tuck away accessories. Floating subframe would be cool but i dont see it happeneing.
Ah, bummer. How much can you fit under the tank? Can you fit the coils and wiring under the tank? Then use the tail for just the battery?

Also, what Rex said about extending something off the back a bit for a mudguard. You have some nice lines going now with what you did on the tank. Maybe continue those lines out and make a little tail fairing to house the battery and mount a tail light on.

Extremely crude, but you get the idea.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
use of vertical sheet metal thick enough will make subframe thinner when looking from side. while retaining structular strenght

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Damn, this bike is heading in all the right directions... Keep it up man.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok im going high mounted floating subframe. Mounted right under the seat It looks the best, ill worry about tucking away the accessories later ill figure something out

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
When I first saw the bike I thought of "purpony's" buell subframe and how something like that would look good on your's.

Obviously no thread jack intended but here is a picture of his bike with the round tube subframe...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Feel free to make suggestions and voice your opinions i don't get butthurt over it lol i like to hear your guys ideas. That bike looks dope btw. Ill keep mocking up subframe positions until i find the right spot.

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
actually that bel subframe does looks dope

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

Thought I would post the bit of progress on the subframe that ive made. Haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it but slow progress is better than none I guess. Pretty happy with the turn out except I have to chop it off and reweld it as one piece because the opposite side is about a 1/4 short.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Wanted to make an update after a long delay of progress. Had back surgery just over two months ago and finally feeling 26 again and not 86. Heres a bit of progress that I made this week.

Need advice on the handle bars. They definitely look too low but something else seems of also. Let me know what you guys think of the tail too.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 72 Posts