Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now a mate of mine bought this hacked about vfr fighter

You may recognise it off another post on this ere forum. It now looks like this

Sooo the question is?? Is it a fighter or a cafe racer? The lad who now owns it reckons it's a fighter but as I pointed out it's got clipons on it so it must be a cafe! and I did most of the rebuild so I say I'm right!

Let the arguments commence!
:bigred:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
It's a fighter all day. Flip the clipons and then it you won't see "cafe" any more

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is it the act of removing the fairing that determines fighter or is it an overall style thing? Now I agree with Don that the twin lights say fighter, but I reckon the rest of it is cafe as it aint been booted up the arse and hasn't got Renthals on! btw the lights are what we had to hand.

original build thread >http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16979 in which its definitely a fighter, and this whilst rebuilding it

So if I stick a little fairng on what are we calling it then??

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,014 Posts
With a Duc 916 style tail and twin dominators it's a fighter through and through....still looks nice though. :D

·
Is my bike ok?
15,035 Posts
Most common attributes of a cafe :

Clubman handle BARS
Tank dents for knees and / or BARS
Small tail fairing (not lack thereof)
Slim, narrow twin or single cylinder engine.

Yes, nowadays you see I4 engines, clip ons....etc.

Like Noregret mentioned earlier, Google cafe racer.

But in all honesty who gives a shit what its called?!?! If you have built a bike and it doesn't fall perfectly into a styling niche then you did well. ;) Both bike look great. Buy something old if you really want a cafe. But in the meantime just ride the bike and don't worry about labels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well said Mr Ribs! Basically It's just me and my mate winding each other Because he says it's a fighter and I reckon with a Rcv fairing on it its a sports bike and the only difference would be the fairing! This all started because He says my Harrish is a streetfighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now Harris's were never originally built to be anything other than racers so I took some umbrage at this! :wtf: any hoo here's said Harrish a few years ago
Most suredly not a fighter! liking the bandit Ty that's sweet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts