Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Trying to decide on the next step for my VFR750 swingarm install, the below photo shows the original VFR bolt with the collar on the right and the combined nut and collar on the left:

The bandit bolt is identical length and width, and I can if needed use the collar on the right but I have two questions:

• Should I trim the top of the right collar so its flush with the VFR swingarm ?
  • The left collar and nut cannot be used, but should I produce a collar with a lip like the right collar ?

The yellow sections is the collar inside the arm, and the red tine is the tube inside the arm:

Left nut and collar, the shiny bit at the bottom is the part that slots into the swing arm tube.

Right collar.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
So you are going to use the bolt from the bandit in the VFR arm right? Yeah, you'll need the collars as they should be what the bearings for the arm sit on i think. If the ID of the bearings are the same (they seem to be from my measurements here), could you just buy another right side collar and use that?

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.. thanks for the reply.. its a 97 VFR750 so its different to the pre 94 one you have measurements for.

Good call about buying another collar, I will google and see if I can get one in the UK.

Going to measure up the tube thats moves freely inside the arm, I am hoping its even and sits in the middle, if not I could either cut the collar down or cut the tube down to fit the collar at both ends :excellent:

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers.. found the same link :) might just leave a search running on Ebay as I am sure one will pop up at some point.

So now need to remove another 3.5mm from both sides to allow the collar to fit, oh well back to grinding :)

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok turns out that the left combined nut and collar have a different OD to the right, measurement for the left:

OD 26mm
ID 20mm - same as right collar.

Right collar:

OD pending
ID 20mm

Left collar looks about 5-6mm that actually goes into the arm itself.

Might need to get something made in the end.

Will keep this post updated.

Going to measure up the 94 arm to update the swingarm list you already started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts