Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im rather new to the forum but have lurked for years.

Anyways I just got my VFR on the road after a winter/spring build. Its still a work in progress...I have a bunch of details left. Rad reservoir, a potential new front mount rad (though there is something about the side mounts that I like), relocating switches off the bars, some brake issues to sort out etc... But below is what Ive done thus far and I will update as it happens.

Love the forum and happy to finally post something.

Pardon the photo bombing...new to this forum thing

HEres a link to the build on our blog..most of which is pictured below but there are some trials and tribulations that are covered in the blog.

http://killin-it.blogspot.com/search/label/vfr800%20fighter

Thanks for looking!
-Dan

Had to fix a failed weld so i re did the number plate.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
sexy

Reactions: dailyrider

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Nice freaking job, I like this bike a lot!
And I hate seeing VFR builds on here, every time I look at on I'm on craigslist searching for one myself...Damn the sickness...

·
Registered
239 Posts
That looks fucking great.
For the front mount rad, i'm in the process of putting a TL1000R top rad on mine, and an sp1 oil cooler.
When i mocked it up (mounted with cable ties) it doesn't sit any lower than the standard oil cooler.

Any dramas with the ballistic battery and the vfr's crappy r/r?

·
Endomorph
83 Posts
Welcome to CF!! Metalwork is spot on bro! You've got some serious skills....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice freaking job, I like this bike a lot!
And I hate seeing VFR builds on here, every time I look at on I'm on craigslist searching for one myself...Damn the sickness...
Ha yeah! A buddy of mine grabbed a 4th gen...I rode it once and had a stocker 5th gen in garage 2 months later.

Great bikes on so many levels...that said there is so much that sucks balls about these bikes...wiring first and foremost then the stupid ass linked brakes. All I gots to say is fuck linked brakes!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For the front mount rad, i'm in the process of putting a TL1000R top rad on mine, and an sp1 oil cooler.
When i mocked it up (mounted with cable ties) it doesn't sit any lower than the standard oil cooler.

Interesting..TL1000r Rad. Ive seen a Ducky 999 rad on a VFR and man it looked way too cramped in there. Ill have to look into that. And an SP1 cooler would be fitting as the front end is an SP1.

Battery issues...well during the build I would be hooking stuff up every now and then to make sure things were working right and fuck man the battery seemed to be dead all the time. Needless to say I was nervous as hell that it wouldnt work cause I built the whole tail around that battery...nothing else would fit. But once I took it out for the first ride and it got a full charge I have had zero issues EVER! It has never let me down and cranks up right away. My confidence in Li-Pho is 100%!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Oh and I should mention I updated the r/r so Im sure that has alot to do with it...forgot where I got it but was given the lead off of VFR World.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The TL1000R rad is 450mm wide and 140mm high. Slightly smaller than the combined size of the twin side mounts, but it faces forwards, and i think i can fit both rad fans on it. I have swapped the inlet from the top left to the top right so it matches the vfr hose routing.
The rad cost me $113 AUD delivered, new from china via Melbourne. Wreckers here in Sydney were asking $275.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The TL1000R rad is 450mm wide and 140mm high. Slightly smaller than the combined size of the twin side mounts, but it faces forwards, and i think i can fit both rad fans on it. I have swapped the inlet from the top left to the top right so it matches the vfr hose routing.
The rad cost me $113 AUD delivered, new from china via Melbourne. Wreckers here in Sydney were asking $275.
Do you have abuild thread going on this? Id like to see what youre doing...your swap is something ive been wanting to do but Ive been nervous to make the jump as I havent seen any proven swaps out there. Ideally this would improve the cooling on these hot ass mofookin bikes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
No build thread on here yet, but there is one on another fighter forum. I'll start one on here in the next couple of days for you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts