Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've been working on this bike since January, finally felt like sharing it. I never planned on turning her into a streetfighter but one interstate move and a severe lack of space here I am :D

Here she is at the start

A fresh coat of paint and some R1 forks later

But I decided I wasn't done, needed to do something about that fat ass ;)

Enter an 05 CBR1000rr tail

Had the frame and swingarm hydroblasted for that bare aluminium look, absolutely stoked with the results

Also had the new lower mounts welded on, same guy and again beautiful work

New tail end back on the bike, around this time also switched to some CBR1000rr forks.

Tank, tail fairing and seats back on

Then it was time to move :)

Once up found one of these at the local wreckers

Then I got a little bit distracted by this beauty

But got a few other bits and pieces today and here is the bike as she currently sits:

Still need to make radiator mounts and relocate the oil cooler but I'm pretty happy with how she's coming along so far.

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
A newbie who does some fuckin work, appreciates other people's builds, and comes back to respond to people's comments!?

This is a nice change.

Ioseb, that hydroblasting turned out fuckin beautiful!

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A newbie who does some fuckin work, appreciates other people's builds, and comes back to respond to people's comments!?

This is a nice change.

Ioseb, that hydroblasting turned out fuckin beautiful!
Thanks man! I was blown away by the results and the guy who did it was absolutely fantastic, seriously passionate and professional guy.

Hopefully I'll get the wiring loom back in over the next few days then onto sorting out the oil cooler, rad mounts and new dash.

·
V four honda whore
12,322 Posts
I just deleted it. Made a shorter oil line that i connected to oil cooler radiators. I think i posted it somewhere

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just deleted it. Made a shorter oil line that i connected to oil cooler radiators. I think i posted it somewhere
Yeah my current plan is to just copy what Seb has done haha. Weld on some an10 threads to the stock mounts then chuck the cooler between the engine and the headers.

·
V four honda whore
12,322 Posts
If i may say, that pipe is just a tad too long.

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Subbed. I wanna see this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
looking good.
Ill have an sp1 oil cooler, lines and mount up for sale (to suit a vfr) soon. i am in the process of mounting a bigger oil cooler like seb, too.

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looking good.
Ill have an sp1 oil cooler, lines and mount up for sale (to suit a vfr) soon. i am in the process of mounting a bigger oil cooler like seb, too.
Hey keef! I've looked at your build in great detail while planning mine. Ever get the tank fixed?

I'd defs be interested in the SP1 cooler, depending on cost, you're located Sydney right?

·
Figuring it out as I go
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Best motor ever! :D

The hydroblast finish looks good
The man himself, thanks!

Managed to cram the wiring harness in today but it's going to need some serious cleaning up at the front.

Advice is welcome cause I've got no idea where to start lol

1 - 20 of 233 Posts