·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Automotive tire Wood Natural material Auto part Flooring

Wood Bedrock Metal Fashion accessory Glove

Wood Bedrock Concrete Rock Soil

Helmet Automotive tire Sculpture Art Gas

Lot of thrashing & elbow went in, at one point i was seconds away from throwing in the towel & pulling a negative in fibre

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Fender Automotive exterior

Stitched into the bottom, the pump will sit horizontally under.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
After a first round of grinding out the surface, it started to look like it belongs

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Flowerpot

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I'm going for a complete buff to a polished finished to eliminate any irregularities with the surface, once the mirror finish checks out, will close in on what parts of the tank need a brushed finish/ masking to incorporate colours etc.
Using a Harley cap that has 0% iron in it. The cap's top section is removable with the pull of a ring lock, intent is to create a custom cap with the Harley's threaded cap body
Hand Camera lens Wood Cameras & optics Point-and-shoot camera

Automotive tire Gas Camera accessory Rim Bicycle part

Had the outer threads milled, welded into the tank already

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Electronic component

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Vehicle door

Had taken apart the stock panel to separate the motherboard from its LEDs, create a separate console for them, dislodge the LCD panel from the motherboard & have it sit separately with an independent third tiny rpm digital gauge. Considering the lcd was hard wired into the board, i went the other route of mating the gauge near the tree & have it appear minimalistic. Will share pics when I get there. The bike's heavy dependency on this motherboard won't allow for an independent aftermarket setup so not going to mess with this one.
Product Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Gadget

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Eyewear Vision care Bag Wood Personal protective equipment

Recreating the seal wasn't the sweetest job, on a double check, some areas needed a second fill. Sorted & secured.

I should have the tank bolted to the chassis in a week's time. Some imperfections appeared after the buff & polish, fixed mostly, its ready for mounting points.
Will pull the sub frame next & start with moulding the seat pan, sub frame. Exhaust system from there. Can't wait to get on with it.
Been away long but longed to post here every other day, work just wasn't getting done fast enough.
Good to be back & grt to see the old hats still here & going strong
Cheers guys 🍻

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Duuuuude Vik`s back!!!! Keep at it mate always keen to see what you come up with! Stellar work with that tank, pretty sure I wouldn`t trust myself enough to even attempt that.

Reactions: Vikrant Singh

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Yantosh Shiny Bandit & Mattson ❤
Heartening thoughts guys
Will attempt to complete the build within a quarter, should hopefully get this thread loaded with plenty ovr the next months.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts