Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

501 - 520 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
I came in excited to share a significant update and realize Photobucket has pissed all over my thread.
Never knew this could happen, they are saying I can't share to third party?!
Pls lemme know if some sort upgrade they're asking me to do is the only solution guys or is this one of those things that will self fix. I can't imagine rebuilding this thread again.

Anyhow, it's been a while so I got going again.
I had an underbelly exhaust setup in my head since the build days but just couldn't get my head around it. I knew at some point I will go underbelly.
I didn't get clicking during the fabrication, was very caught up silencing it, had to tear a fresh can apart and start over, it took forever to tune. I needed to quieten her down and going under wasn't gonna make that easy. Besides there was also the cold feet I was getting in putting a knife to the exhaust that was integral to the build.
To end it, i'm delighted with the fact that it sounds quieter while it looks so much cleaner/ sharper.
I'd love your inputs but there's this unload thing I'll need to figure first. Damn, such a shame
Cheers guys, will post pics asap, will be back, keep rocking :rock:
Mike need u here! :hairpull:

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
Photobucket pissed all over everyone`s cereals by all of the sudden starting to charge money for third party pic sharing without any warning whatsoever, it`s been the talk of the day all over the forums far and wide as quite a lot of people are quite crossed about it.

Good to see you popping in nevertheless!

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,983 Posts
Glad you're getting some work done V!
Yeah Photobucket can go fuck themselves. Check out Imgur, way faster/cleaner/better than Photobucket ever was and they're free.

·
10,544 Posts
How much is a couple bucks Yan? I read $399/yr for 3rd party hosting like we use. You can get links for $99/yr but no full pics (as far as I know anyway).
think I'm about $3 a month

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #509

Split this can up coz it wasn't worthy of being called a device that controls sound

Reduced it's baffle dia to about 48mm, outlet and inlet to 51mm and poked a shit lot of glass wool in

Introduced a battle midway where the first can ends after the collector. This obviously wasn't going to work considering the limited average total dia of the total system. Removed the baffle I was also not comfortable with the distance to headers for back pressure woes so took the entire sound control to the tip at the end and after the end of exhaust while keeping the rest of it free flow.

I decided to go with steel sponge, after several attempts at different baffles trying to control sound without tearing it and suppressing the 'bark'

The steel sponge is a good median, like a less restrictive cat con.
To trap the steel sponge, used a 25% restrictive circular perforated wall an inch before the can ends, placed about 2 inches cube loosely packed wool and yet another strainer to trap it on the outside.

These rivets were a pain to find

Outcome and learning -
- Instant low and mid range gain, I realised the complete Yosh rs3 system wasn't doing much coz with carb engines, there is no ecu to feed the extra fuel to the extra air in the free flowing system unless the carbs are jetted to 1st stage and complemented by a free flow intake.
On the contrary what it was really doing is taking away from the bike's stock character in the low and mid range.

- The steel sponge is a winner in cancelling sound and easy to tune

- Having regained the quiet stock like tone, you get a feel for everything else in the bike. I was missing the sweet whine of the engine since the build, just really glad to get it back while the exhaust system is tucked into the bottom.
Cheers guys, lemme have your thoughts. :rock:

·
ไบรอัน
804 Posts
Glad you're getting some work done V!
Yeah Photobucket can go fuck themselves. Check out Imgur, way faster/cleaner/better than Photobucket ever was and they're free.
FREE!.........FREE! Can't understand why anyone thinks its OK to use someones service for FREE. :LolLolLolLol:

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,353 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #513

Very nice. Can we hear it?
I can't for the love of God figure an audio upload so will create a video file and post up Mike, it's as silent as the stock Bird

·
3,983 Posts
Great work on that muffler! Love the look of that steel mesh.

I can't for the love of God figure an audio upload so will create a video file and post up Mike, it's as silent as the stock Bird
Just post a youtube video?

FREE!.........FREE! Can't understand why anyone thinks its OK to use someones service for FREE. :LolLolLolLol:
Because they offer it ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #515 (Edited)
Nothing fresh really, just tweaked around the exhaust a little, relocated tstat switch to get the fan running against engine temp and not rad, gave her a good rub, sharing some fresh pics guys

...and there's this one, can happen only in India :D

·
3,983 Posts
I REALLY like that tank cover on there!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
Glad u like it guys!
Mason, it's a Bagster, the best bra money can buy. It really makes a difference over long trips and always stays fresh, bad ass quality, tough as hell

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
Just some pics on the highway en route to see dad.
That moment when u know you're in a serious relationship :D
Cheers guys, love

501 - 520 of 560 Posts