·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
^ my thoughts exactly

Reactions: Vikrant Singh

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,983 Posts
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to you and your family, V!
Any big plans for the weekend?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Wow bro :D flattered by your knowledge of this side of the world! I barely know the festival but yes it's public holiday while I'm at the bank. This weekend there's a possible national riot threat of 50 lakh followers of some spiritual baba convicted of rape of a minor, so just just staying home and having some friends over :D

·
3,983 Posts
I dated a girl a long time ago who's parents immigrated here from somewhere in Maharashtra, and fell in love with the culture. India is the top of my list of places I'd like to travel to, whenever I can find the time and funds to travel.

Holy shit though, that's a huge amount of people for a riot. Staying in seems like a pretty good choice.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
It's the blind faith of the masses that is compelling Mason, especially when the nature of this crime should put all that faith in question instantly, it's bizzare. With the verdict out he's convicted of the crime to be sentenced on the 28th, these believers are already destroying public property here.
Court has also just said that all damages will be boutne by him by liquidating his assest :D

Can't wait for you to arrive bro, there's a IOM kind of track right in the backyard and more than one bike for you to burn some rubber with me on :rock:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
Seriously guys, if u guys come, it'll be a time you'll never forget, you'll meet a fraternity of riders here that'll pamper you dearly... and to add to that, Rein and I are passionate hosts I promise u :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #532
Trying to revive the photos on this thread, I'm guessing one can't directly insert images from Google drive/ Google photos but only insert link? Any thoughts. I got all my photos on Google but it doesn't show the image when I try to insert it as a picture

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
You can remedy photobucket pic links by adding this:

~original

Between the .jpg and the [/img] tag

Like:
IMG]www.yourpiclink.jpg~original[/IMG

Reactions: Vikrant Singh

·
Super Moderator
5,603 Posts
^ that's strange. I'm seeing the last pic with the seat pan but the others show as script. At work ATM and should be haulin down the motorway so don't got time to figure it out right now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
Fixed it bro, thx! While I was on Photobucket yesterday, I found pics of my first build in college back in 1995, a 2 stroke Yamaha RD 350. I basically turned that fierce Doberman into a Daschund :D

Stock RD -

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Its been over six months since any work on her but I got a kind of update guys. I had fabricated the detachable pillion in a hurry in the last phase of the build, was never happy with it. Despite the fact that its rarely used I could not bring myself to bolt it up, it never felt right. I needed it to blend with the rider seat.
Bought some aluminium and steel sheet, the same rubberised foam I used on the rider seat and got going -

Some aluminium and cardboard

My little mess shaving all that foam

Went from 5 layers on the front of the seat to shaving it down to 2 layers on the rear. The beauty of this foam is sand paper works on it, wrapped around wood, u can literally curve out what u want

Good old black Napa hide
(I enjoyed this one plenty coz I pasted this one on my own patiently and loved it. The vendor for Napa refused to part with 2 square fekn feet of it, was insisting I have them wrap it but everything has a price. The guys in this business have little time and make a mess. If we do this commercially, I'm sure there'll be sunshine and some happy customers out there )

All done :rock:

To me the single seat look and feel is it but this when attached now feels a lot more like an extension of the rider seat and the passenger hopefully won't feel on a death wish anymore :D

Got to rework the subframe a bit, cut up steel to finish the bottom side of that seatpan this weekend and that's that.

Cheers guys, love u all. Lemme know ur thoughts. :rock:

·
3,983 Posts
That looks great V!

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
Looks amazing, but (and I don't really doubt your fabrication skills at this point, but have to ask) how well supported is that? Is it just those 2 bolts at the front? I'm worried it will tend to fold further along that natural bend you already have.

521 - 540 of 560 Posts