29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
GURU
1,797 Posts

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
now thats a frame slider that went to work!

If the prices on doing the wraps were cheap, I'd get something done as opposed to paint. It's not permanent and somewhat durable.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
yeah thats the problem, its just as much to wrap a whole bike as it is to paint it.......but on a fighter it would cost less since there is ALOT less to cover. 2 fenders, a tank and tail.....pretty cheap. I think i was qouted $75-85 for enough with extra to do my bike

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Spraypaint it or get it painted a solid color, and just get a print run of vinyl stickers. A lot cheaper for the same thing.

Clearcoat over the stickers if you want to protect them. Clearcoat also does a good job of hiding the sticker edges.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
If it's a good quality industrial grade vinyl there is no need to clear coat it.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
There was a vinyl shop in my area a few years back. Dude got a similar scheme on his Blazer. Basicly a pin strip of 100 dollar bills around the belt line. The printing was so realistic. Down to the individual serial numbers. Well, the shop eventually got into the counterfiting business. Saposably did it for a number of months befor they got busted. The dumb part was, the next tenents of that shop found all the printing machines still in the shop after the raid... :wtf: . Dumb cops... LOL.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
I was thinking of doing 1 part in real $1 bills........

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do the whole thing! it'd prawly only take like 100 of em :D

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Yeah, once you get it all wrapped in whatever denomination you chose...you can that take it to the Biker Boyz II audition. :shootme:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no. you'll need more chrome first...we'll just dip the bike in chrome actually.

:rock:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
So how do the vinyl shops do it? they take measurements or do they jst get a sheat and heat shrink it? I see SUV's totally covered promoting whatever hip hop album for $700, just curious.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Lots of trimming pieces and fitting. You cant see the seams in that picture but i promise you they are there. You could not wrap a whole fairing without cutting it into sections, to many akward curves/dips/bumps

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
trav72 said:
Yeah, once you get it all wrapped in whatever denomination you chose...you can that take it to the Biker Boyz II audition. :shootme:

Dont hate......just cuz i wanna glue my money to the bike instead of spend it on paint....whats the difference? :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts