Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys: It's been awhile, but I'm finally making progress on the big brother of this bike:

The new one is a Virago XV920 which has a chain drive and allows me to (with GREAT hassle) use not only the R6 front end, but the rear end as well. Result...big fat tire in back, and matching wheels.

Here she sits awaiting a back tire but with everything working like it should.

There's more on the bike on my Classified Moto blog here:
http://johnryland.posterous.com/rough-around-the-edges

And on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Classified-Moto/169409986438309

The bike stuff is going great. I'm really trying to ditch the advertising world forever to do it full time. Wish me luck, folks.

Cheers,

JR

·
1,152 Posts
I saw the title of this thread and clicked on it for a good laugh, expecting to see a real POS.

I click on the thread and BAMMMM!!!!! That thing is badass:rock:

Keep the pics comin. :thumbsup:

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Damn it. I think I gotta go dig my Virago out of the shed and get workin'! (Yes I started a Virago 'fighter project long ago and never got back to it) :D

Very nice builds, can't wait to see more of this! :rock:

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
I didn't know the virago came with a chain drive. My dad has the 750 with the shaft drive. Looks like you are turning it into a decent looking bike.

Reactions: D-ron

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly, I didn't know the 920 was a chain drive either until I got it home. It had hard bags on it that covered the drive and I didn't think to look. Nice surprise! It was one of those sealed chains (plastic/rubber covers that encase the chain). The back tire arrives today. Can't wait.

@gsf: hipster, non-hipster. Awesome. Do you go down to Poe's for the bike thing on 2nd Sundays? If so, maybe I've seen you there...

JR

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
are you done yet? WHY NOT?!!

i'm looking at bikes over in oz, theres an xv500 monoshock which has caught my eye..not anywhere near as cool as a 920, mind..

·
Everything is simple...
1,328 Posts
I just stumbled across your xv750 build on your site, and JUST finished posting up a thread about how bad ass your bike was and that we should drop you a line and get you to join our club. my 'too late to the party' thread about your bike

Imagine my surprise when I'm told you're already here.
:doh:

Well. Welcome! and... MORE PICS!

:shocker:

Sympul

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
I just stumbled across your xv750 build on your site, and JUST finished posting up a thread about how bad ass your bike was and that we should drop you a line and get you to join our club. my 'too late to the party' thread about your bike

Imagine my surprise when I'm told you're already here.
:doh:

Well. Welcome! and... MORE PICS!

:shocker:

Sympul

I just about had a heart attack when he showed up! The original that started the Virago fighters was finished right about the time I was starting on my Virago fighter. Went looking for replacement parts and found his bike, haven't wanted to do anything but build one like it since!

·
Ridin Dirty
377 Posts
hot damn thats titerrific...I had a virago 920 for my second bike, loved that thing, minus the starter and tranny. I liked the air suspension and the way the steering went to center by itself like some sort of cam lock.
bought it for 100 bucks and rode the piss out of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts