Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my latest project. It's a 1983 Virago with only 7000kms on it. My plan is to update the suspension and do a chain drive conversion. Big cam, high compression pistons and a full port job are also on the list......

·
Oil burner bitches
187 Posts
To tell you the truth as soon as I saw virago I thought GAYYYYYYY But that looks surprisingly well, well done :shocker:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the cad model I drew up for the chain drive conversion. Tha shaft is case hardened 4340. Tha small end of the shaft runs on needle bearings and needs a min hardness of 56rc. The bearing adaptor ( blue part ) has two deep grove bearings with more than enough load capacity for the 100hp I hope to make.

·
Moody Bastard
377 Posts
WOW i'm impressed. There is some serious design gon into that conversion as well as the rest of the bike. It's going to be pretty mean, which is no mean feat considering its origins. A resounding well done ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The seat frame will be lightweight alum tube. The tail lights will be led and also serve as turn signals. I weighed the bike today with everything on it except a battery and lights and it came in at 340lbs.....that GSXR stuff is really lite

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
Love the build. Bike has a great look.

·
1,152 Posts
Anybody can make a sport bike look bad ass.

It takes a real maniac to make virago rock!!! I applaud you sir!!:thumbsup:

Reactions: Fizzer_Fighter
1 - 20 of 274 Posts