Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
I just read 26 consistent pages of this entire thread. Dude, you have singlehandedly made the Virago worthy to drop some nylons! I am so fookin stoked to see you get her finished...updates on the tank? & for god's sake, PICS PICS PICS!!!! INCREDIBLE build!!!! :metal:

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Ordered cylinders and heads from a 1985 1000.... so with the larger bore and 11:1 compression it should breath some life into this air cooled twin.....also ordered a pair of coils and wires from MSD

Random question:

Since you're obviously a great fabricator, have you put any thoughts into changing the tank or perhaps making some indentations in the sides of this tank for your knees? It might make the bike more comfortable to ride in the full tuck position you'll be adopting with clip-ons.

Since making suggestions without solutions is kinda lame, I'll offer up this idea. What about running a Benelli Mohave gas tank?

I think it would compliment this frame design very nicely. They're not cheap but here is a link to one of the lower costs ones I've found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181177825388?lpid=82

I used one of these tanks on a cafe racer build I did a long time ago with a CB350 and it really changed the look of the bike for the better. It's a rad shape.

Even if you don't want to, the bike looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
guess a tank like the benelli mojave would make this build a so called `13 in a dozen` as we call it here in the Netherlands......it is the best looking tank BUT.....it`s used too many times, i`m afraid.

Understandable. That's why I was asking if you were thinking of modifying your own tank a little bit. Just a random question I wanted to ask. No worries.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
How many horses do you think you'll be running with the new heads and coils?

·
Triple nutter
758 Posts
gotcha ;)

I finally picked up a 920 for cheap, we'll have to see how our chaindrive units compare. great work man

·
Kevin
3 Posts
Wow. Just read your thread from start to finish. Amazing! Can't wait to see it done.
I myself have an 87 virago 1100. I'm wondering what you are planning on doing for the ignition system? Will you be using the stock TCI ..? If not, what will you be retrofitting??

Thanks, and great build.

Kevin

261 - 274 of 274 Posts