·
Registered
2,159 Posts
ooooowee its gonna be a tight one this month

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
:oops:

Merely splitting hairs, but the name of the bike was/is, "Wisconsin Back Road Weapon", due to the idiotically short swingarm with track day slicks I ran on the rear end, lack of front end weight, upright seating, and stupid short gearing that allowed it to run up through the cogs out of an apex faster than panties dropping on prom night. Nothin' shits and gits like a 900RR on a rough back road with too many corners to count. Lowered suspension preload, proper damping adjustment, and tire pressure to match made it one of the most incredibly rideable, and overpowered (hard to put those two together!) bikes I've ever owned and flogged through the bendy bits. Even my hammer of thor Bandit 1200 heavy breather was a pig compared to the 900 in terms of all out, flat out running hard when the road got narrow and the hill crest wheelies became plentiful.

Good lot of bikes this month, glad I can put mine in with the rest of them. Still pretty sure my turbo Bandit will do far better, because, ya know, it's a turbo bike. :D

Situations like this are where WBRW comes from:

If anything I am the worrier and that is the weapon. :) :rock:

·
Asphalt Junkie
1,140 Posts
Congrasts to all the builders! fu jac tickled my fancy...............

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Tough call this month!!!Have to go with the CBR tho.Clean example of a classic fighter.Good power handles well and a few tasteful mods which enhance the bike.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I think I vote by what inspires me most at the time of voting... Right now that would be the subbie on the Urchin.

Ben not gettin much love for the reappearance of the WBRW. Too bad. It's a fantastically clean example of a naked conversion that I am still jealous of.

Never does, but I just like that people see it, that it dares to have a different approach at a platform that has been done over and over in so many ways that stepping back to appreciate the original design without clothing is a rather unique spectacle when it doesn't have a 12 bar and a pizza pan sprocket out back. To actually harken back to the days of Fast Freddie and the mighty CB750F Superbike... a round headlight and that thousand yard stare on the paddock stand appearance... it works, truly works. Classic, man, just like I like 'em. If I built it for the masses it would have a different headlight and tail for sure.

The stock tail seems to turn off the custom guys a bit.... but, I dare anyone to find one cleaner that has been turned into a monster devoid of plastics with a VFR800 arm!! No offense to the guys that do swap the tail (this means you Fuj! :D) but when you start with something that just "fits" it's hard to deny it being the right thing to go with (like the Urchins story. :D). The seats make the tail work on most bikes, like cuff links and a watch to a suit, and that is what wrote the two chapters of WBRW having a stock tail on it. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts