• Yantosh's CBR900

Votes: 83 26.1%
  • mcantar's Busa

Votes: 53 16.7%
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
And deny me my glimmer of hope for a victory?? Sheesh Dan, I thought you were a nice guy! :oops:

:LolLolLolLol:
might show you some mercy and let the voting continue so you can cling on to your slither of hope :nuts:

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
might show you some mercy and let the voting continue so you can cling on to your slither of hope :nuts:

I haven't voted yet so I don't see the standings unless I click to view results... trying not to look till the end. :oops:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I haven't voted yet so I don't see the standings unless I click to view results... trying not to look till the end. :oops:
well I wont give away how the standings are then ;) other than the fact im in the lead by HUNDREDS of votes! :rock:

·
Registered
956 Posts
i'll be back next year to try wrench your title from you Dan
like to see you try! It is clear that I am the :yoda: of bike builders! :LolLolLolLol:

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
got a couple of options for base bike, faired blade didn't cut it this time , bring it on

:whack::fight::LolLolLolLol:
You can blame it on me since I built your fairing :oops:

·
10,790 Posts
You can blame it on me since I built your fairing :oops:
fairings awesome mate :rock:, just messing around , mega pleased with how my build turned out

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
fairings awesome mate :rock:, just messing around , mega pleased with how my build turned out
I'm just messing around too :LolLolLolLol: Your bike is badass! :rock: I'm just saying... if you lose to Dan, you could totally blame it on me ;) lmao

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love the bold use of colour on those rims. What would normally come off as another run-of-the-mill macho-insecure "blacked-out" paint-scheme becomes something else entirely, a juxtaposition which puts the usual painted areas firmly in the "background" of this image - It's reminiscent of some of those '90s era Yamaha G.P. racers, I'm sure we could all come up with some other racers with bold colourful DAYGLO painted rims, Aprilia for instance. Of course the obvious comparison could be REPSOL with the whole Orange & Black (is out of whack) paint scheme. Only this is a much more tasteful choice.

I also dig the sub-frame seat & cowl, which all seem so very simplified compared to what you see on most crotch-rocket bikes these days, even Street-Fighters heck perhaps even more so. Hinting at a return to the "industrial design" ethos which soldiered on with classic bikes at least up until the new design ethos/pathos with the extruded alloy beams & sculpted bubblegum bodywork took over. There are no accent marks standing out in these alloy parts, none of those ubiquitous CNC milled lightening slots that echoe the "fuller grooves" of a sword. Just simple flat surfaces, painted for anti-corrosion it would seem.

Where normally a "blacked-out" paint scheme gives off a macho-insecurity, that lame attempt to seem "sinister" which always comes off with that '80s action figure vehicle vibe - HERE this same frame engine & bodywork colour seems intended for contrast, to frame & juxtapose, emphasize that bold colour & say "it's all about the WHEELS"....

I dig it. It seems well thought out but not over-done.

Don't get me wrong - the other three bikes are great this month, too. Sebspeed has done some more interesting stuff IMHO but surely that has more to do with my yen for the DOHC-4 Honda, the air-cooled motors & back-bone frames etc. (And my near lack of interest in the "modern" crotch-rockety stuff.)

The other CBR is really gnarly lookin' too - Perhaps the better-looking platform of the two CBR builds. But it doesn't carry itself off as finished-looking when compared to Yantosh's 900. Wouldn't have been as easy to dismiss it from the running if it were up against the other two models. If for no other reason but that I dig the CBRs - Have you heard? THE 'BIRD IS THE WORD.

I bet we'd all have a much harder time choosing if the poll choices were all built from the same marque, model, & year of manufacture. Would be a heck of a thing to organize all of the choices by combing the forum's search function for completed builds of each given model/year. I mean, you can TRY to be unbiased about this type of thing, but in practice I doubt we're all setting all of that for/against bias aside.

The 'Busa Rat-Bike is very cool too. Not just the TURBO either. It's got an authentic post-apocalyptic vibe about it. Or at least, a "post 2007 economic down-turn" vibe ha-ha. Really though, so may "Rat" builds are a fake put-on. This bike seems like it could be a real "old soldier" that's just kept rolling through an accident or paint-job that never got finished - It's a real looker at the same time though. Between the curly ram's horn Turbo volutes up front, the "yoke" over the neck, and the orange patches on the tank, I just wanna pat it on the rump & say "STR-R-R-RONG LIKE OX!" Remember how it was trendy to put FUR on a crotch-rocket back in the '90s? This one could go well with a cattle skin. Wilde-beast even. Art GNU ~veau ?

Well whatever - I've made my choice. I'll take the bike behind door number 2 - Two of 'em. 'Cause I want the other one in clear-coat instead of a blacked-out engine - maybe PINK on the rims, for the Missus?

-S.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
That was a tough one!

To me the rusted,beaten and boosted Busa is the flat out ballsiest!

Jon

41 - 60 of 99 Posts