Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well like most things with an engine that I own I bought it as a project and ended up driving it for a little while.

Now it has a leaking clutch slave cylinder and I decided to park it for the winter and probably push it back into the project pile.

I bought me a cherokee to thrash for the winter and beyond.

As far as your lust for a Porsche I would strongly suggest one of the front engine varieties. (924, 944, 928)
They are cheap and easy to find parts for. Many would also argue that they were some of the best handling porsches ever built.
I can tell you that it is easily one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
ANNNDDD you can stuff a v-8 in them and retain the 50/50 weight distrobution

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ANNNDDD you can stuff a v-8 in them and retain the 50/50 weight distrobution
Yeah I have seen some with LS1s in them while still having a 50/50 weight balance.

Not to mention they also weighed 3000lbs or less after the V8 swap.

I am sorta partial to the german brands so my 944 will be getting an Audi V8 much like my V8 VW Rabbit project.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I'm gona be watching your build closely. I recently picked up a 77 GS750 myself. I may or may not enter it in the buildoff, depending on my accomodations at the moment. But I look forward to see how yours turns out.

Good Luck bud.

·
Registered
66 Posts
you can't go wrong with an oldschool..
Can't wait to see the progress..
good luck.

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn man after looking around at some of the other builds I have got some catching up to do.

I been doing a lot of work with my car project and not so much with the bike.

I think I have decided to sell the Porsche so I can get a little extra lettus to work on the projects.

This will simplifiy my life a little as well as make some room in the garage to work on the bike.

Will I miss the Porsche? Sure, but I only bought it because it was cheap and a friend of mine owned it.
I had no real intentions of buying a Porsche.

I have too many projects to be too concerned about a beat old Porsche.
I may regret it down the road but I ususally hang on to things like this until I think about things rationaly and decide that it would be something I can live without.
K Now I am just rambling (I blame the beer)

It is still early in the build and I don't suspect that I would get much done during "the holiday season" anyway.
However I still have a few months and, while it looks like I have a lot to do, I have had the plan laid out for a while now and it really is not that much so I should be ready to go in the end.

I only hope that it is enough to put me in the running for the top spot.

K thats all for now.
Surely I will have some more build updates in the future.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I will gladly make you an awesome work table to trade for your Porsche.

I used to work at a Porsche performance shop. Really, you should be shot for putting the stuff on the car like that..the SS is coming. :LolLolLolLol:

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Meh it's a beater anyway and it will be getting a paint job sometime in the future.

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For F's sake what does a man have to do to find a rear hub for a spoke wheel with a disk brake.

I am seriously going to have to make the one I designed if I want to get this thing done by May.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i know of a dood running spokes with disks on an SV...mighta been HD parts tho?

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hell yeah I can use it. That would be perfect.

Name your price.

·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More or less I am looking for a complete center section with the cush drive and sprocket.

Well I actually do not need the sprocket but I at least need the part that the sprocket bolts too.

So to make a long story short I just need the complete hub assembly, no wheel or spokes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts