Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm looking for either a titled snowmobile or the front end off of a 2WD ATV/ four wheeler like a Yamaha Raptor or Banshee or Honda 400EX etc etc. I've been researching reverse trike front ends for a while now and want to start piecing something together. I've actually seen a few people convert snowmobiles into reverse trikes and since they were titles they were able to get them registered and inspected so they drove them around on the street. I think that might be awesome so I'd like to track down a snowmobile(get it? Hyuck hyuck) and see if I can replace the track and skis for wheels.

As for the ATV front end, I think k I'll be more successful going this route. I don't want this thread to turn into another derailed debate with people telling me to do a bunch of other shit like buy a Harley trike or a Spyder or how they don't think what I'm doing will work. Getting back on a bike and riding again means the world to me and I'm honestly pretty fed up with trying to get things done only to have a bunch of people fuck up the entire thing by bringing up questions and shit I've already thought about and decided against 8 months ago. All I'm looking for at this point is a 2WD sport ATV front end.

A few of you already went through all that bullshit with me on Facebook and now you finally understand what my plan is and why it makes sense. If you REALLYZ wanna know what I'm up to and are thinking about advising me to go magically buy a $10,000 can am Spyder or an ugly turd Harley trike just google "Spekter Designs Motorcycles" and seriously, thanks but the don't need anymore advice on what motorcycles I need to like. Thanks for looking.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Be awesome if you could do the leaning trike like the UK guy here did.
Piagio mp3 I think was the front end he ended up using.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did he ever get it done? And it involved some crazy one off parts done.
Better off just getting on the road with a reverse trike set up like he said.
Did ya give up finding a sidehack for cheap?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan is the dude in the UK with the reverse trike build. Ive been bugging Him about finishing ir for a lpng whiole now lol/ its called Tri-Blade. Im always lookingnout for Piaggio mp3 front ends or donor bikes but I have yetnto find one. That why Im looking into ATV front ends.

·
Wannabe
1,502 Posts
Johnny,
The dec 2014 issue of motorcyclist has a small article on a company called scorpion trikes that is making bolt on front trike kits for bike. They'recurrently only offering them for v-rods, but I'm thinking the pictures etc might help you with your own design . Pricing is expected to be around $5000, so it may not be in your current budget, but I bet even if you used it to make your own, or managed to pick one up it could be modified pretty easily to fit any bike you do have.

Big selling feature is net being required to modify the oem frame.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
I feel you pain duder. I've been looking at dirt bikes and 4 wheelers for the past couple of weeks and holy crap do people think their shit is made outta gold around here! 1500 bux for a 98 kx 250 and the dude wouldn't budge an inch. a 98! If your willing to travel I've found I have better results using something like search tempest. It really does seem like the further you get away from the Richmond area the more reasonable the prices get

1 - 9 of 9 Posts